What's new

Guilty pleasure DVD's: Where are the 80's T & A films? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You all realize, of course, that T&A comedies are prime candidates for pan-and-scan only releases, right? :wink:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
PRIVATE SCHOOL was a good one. Although the TV cut is the longer version, just cutting the nudity. For example, the scene where Mathew Modine is in drag and in Betsy Russell's room is almost twice as long in the TV cut.

Hardbodies was my favorite. I was fifteen when I saw it at the theater. Naturally, I thought it was the greatest film ever made... ah hell I still do!

(unfortunately, not on DVD)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:eek: Wow! Someone saw Hardbodies at the theater?! I first heard about it on cable. I can't talk, though. I saw CHUD, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, and some other questionable favorites at the theater. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Hardbodies IS the greatest movie ever made- I rented it on tape when I was 15 and my mom found out and got mad at the video store! :frowning: She didn't know I made a copy of it though- I just bought it on laserdisc a couple weeks ago! :D

Paul>Wh

Agent
What about that Bikini Store movie? I can't remember the title but a guy and his brother get a bikini store that is going bankrupt and they have to save it. One guy is a recent college grad and the other is your typical surfer kind of guy. If anyone remembers that let me know that was a 'Guilty Pleasure' for sure. Helped get me through my teen years :D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That'd be Malibu Bikini Shop, which I've never seen since it's hard to find- great title though.
These movies warped my fragile little mind! :D

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
dave, I knew it was released but I have not seen it in any B&M's. How is the transfer? and is it OAR? I only saw it on cable a long time ago.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd like to see The Wild Life on DVD. Not too much T&A but it sure entertained my teenage mind back in the day.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Randy, it's an Anamorphic Anchor-Bay-level transfer. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Try Borders or Suncoast. If not, there's always either DVDPlanet or DVDEmpire.

Alex S

Second Unit
The Bikini Car Wash Company (I think it's OOP now :frowning:)
The Perils Of Gwendoline (OOP on VHS, never on DVD)

:)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Hardbodies is a legitimately funny comedy. There are some great lines in that movie, and the song that the one country guy sings about "I don't f**k fossils for free" is frickin' hilarious!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
HARDBODIES was definitely my favorite T&A flick as a teen. Also, I wore out the tapes of BLAME IT ON RIO and FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH during certain scenes.:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks