Guilty pleasure DVD's: Where are the 80's T & A films?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nathan McMahan, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan Stunt Coordinator

Ran across an old VHS of Spring Break. Where are all the films like Ski School, Miracle Beach, Hot Dog: The Movies, Ski Patrol, and the rest of the Dean Cameron ouevre?
    What other guilty pleasures from years past are out there that haven't made it to DVD yet that seriously need to?

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Anything with Betsy Russell. Tomboy. Private School for Girls. Bad movies, fine Betsy. [​IMG]

3. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Heh heh... I was thinking of Private School myself... added bonus of Phoebe Cates as the "good girl." (read: the one who keeps her clothes on)

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Let's not forget Private Lessons!

5. ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys Stunt Coordinator

I second the vote for Betsy Russell! Still waiting for the Private School for Girls DVD (come on Universal, I don't ask for much).

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Here's a few off the top of my head:
    • [*]The Bitch[*]Chained Heat[*]Joysticks[*]Love Lines[*]Lunch Wagon[*]Paradise[*]Perfect Timing[*]Perils of Gwendoline[*]Porky's Revenge[*]Private Lessons[*]Private School (for Girls)[*]The Seduction[*]The Sensuous Nurse[*]The Stud[*]Tarzan: The Ape Man[*]Tigers In Lipstick[*]Tomboy

Later this year Anchor Bay is bringing us The Cheerleaders, Revenge of the Cheerleaders (starring David Hasselhoff as "Boner"!), and the Angel/Avenging Angel/Angel III trilogy! [​IMG]

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Is The Cheerleaders gonna be the uncut version? I have a copy of the Prism Entertainment VHS and imdb says this is an edited version but it was released uncut a few years before Prism put it out. I saw Revenge of the Cheerleaders on TV once and they zoomed-in on a lot of shots to hide the naughty stuff!

8. Greg_S_H

Greg

9. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

10. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    Don't forget about the rest of the Police Academy movies. [​IMG]

11. Larry W

Larry W Agent

I'd like to get Private School. Especially, if it included the alleged outtakes and deleted scenes. I heard there is more of Betsy in those scenes. [​IMG] And, who could say no to more of Betsy. [​IMG]

12. ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys Stunt Coordinator

Really? Where did you hear about outtakes or deleted scenes? I would love to see any if they exist? But something tells me that some kind of "special edition" with such footage would be too much to hope for.[​IMG]

And Greg, I remember Tomboy and Mischief from my formulative years very well. [​IMG]

13. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Mischief is one of the 1980's T & A films which i would purchase once it makes it onto DVD but only IF Mischief is released on DVD in OAR. The character named Gene who is played by Chris Nash is the best in the movie. The IMDB says that FOX owns the rights to Mischief. FOX please release Mischief on DVD in OAR.

14. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Mischief was actually more than just T&A, IMHO. Good movie.

15. Larry W

Larry W Agent

Chris,

I had heard that there is a longer (more revealing) version of Betsy's shower scene near the beginning of Private School. I think I had read about it around the time the film first came out.

The rumor might be true because there is a bit of a jump cut between Betsy opening the shower curtain and her seeing the guy in the mirror. But, I don't know for certain.

More recently, I heard that there was a Phoebe Cates shower scene that was cut. I read that at the Bare Facts (http://www.barefacts.com/) a few years ago. But, the author of the site didn't post this info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Larry

16. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Wonder whatever happened to her of what she looks like now??

17. ShawnDCarter

ShawnDCarter Extra

How about "Just one of the Guys" ? The movie is a pile of steaming mastadong dung, but it's good fun nonetheless.

18. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Wouldn't 9 1/2 weeks fall under this category?

19. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I think movies like 9½ Weeks, Mischief, and Reckless (Daryl Hannah) don't quite fall into this category. All three had crossed my mind, but all had a plotline that was quite serious in the story they wanted to tell, and the "T&A" was actually story-driven in a big way. Less so for Mischief, but still it got you into the young man's character and state of mind quickly so you could compare him to the rough biker dude later on.

No, I hadn't included these three (and others) on my long list posted above because they weren't just T&A romps like the others mentioned. There's a difference between a film that's out-and-out a T&A flick, and one that's a "real" flick with some T&A thrown in just to help sell tickets. [​IMG]

20. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

How about Up The Creek?

Classic Tim Matheson needs to be released one way or another.

-Chad