What's new

Guessing the 2013 Time Life Christmas release (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys,I'm guessing that we'll hear about Time-Life's big seasonal release that comes out in late October or early November.My guess is that it will be the Adam West Batman series that maybe announced at this year's San Diego Comic Con.My second guess is that it will the Wonder Years.What are your guesses?James

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
I think it could very possibly be the 1966 Batman series that could be the next Time-Life's Christmas release. There have been alot of rumours about it and it would kind of make sense, since the recent merchandising agreement and there really isn't any other major "Batman" movie coming into play right now.

However, I did see on "The Carol Burnett Show" facebook page yesterday that 3 of the stars (Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence and Tim Conway) were filming something in the Time-Life studio. Is it possible another Time-Life mega-set of "The Carol Burnett Show"? I heard that the DVD set (From last year) along with the smaller retail sets of Carol's shows did very well for Time-Life and there are certainly alot more shows that could make another mega-set. So I am banking that there will be another "Carol Burnett Show" release from Time-Life.....just don't know if it will be another Big release for Christmas, or just more shows in a smaller format. Either way, I would consider buying them.

These 2 shows would be my guess.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Love Boat complete series.I hope, but not holding my breath. But it's sort of weird that CBS has restartedso many stalled series, many in two vol. sets per season like Love Boat,but no news, not a peep about Love Boat. Seems to ,e something could be upfor a future plan.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
derosa said:
Love Boat complete series.I hope, but not holding my breath. But it's sort of weird that CBS has restartedso many stalled series, many in two vol. sets per season like Love Boat,but no news, not a peep about Love Boat. Seems to ,e something could be upfor a future plan.
Remember hearing that, like Six Million Dollar Man, the rights were tied up by a bad, bad "tongue-in-cheek" movie spoof that never happened. The Jim Carrey 6MDM movie folded and freed up the original show, but not sure about Love Boat's legal status at the moment.

Batman's even thornier--Think the only chain that's been broken is the marketing rights, but there's at least a half dozen others to work out. Not the least of which in the third season, where Batman kept meeting other ABC crossover stars on his climbs up the building, most of whom Viacom will have something to say about. If we get Season 3 at all, expect it to be hacked, and we haven't even gotten to music rights yet, or the eternal "Fox, Greenaway Productions, or Warner/DC?" question.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think if Batman comes out, Fox will want to do it themselves (the Fox person who comments on HTF has said as much). I much rather see an original music WKRP than the stuff they have been putting out. I didn't know there was the demand for China Beach to justify it. I wouldn't mind seeing The Avengers released on blu.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
JoeDoakes said:
)much rather see an original music WKRP than the stuff they have been putting out.
I'd buy a complete set with the music intact for almost any price.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I think like everyone else has said it might be Batman, or more Carol Burnett and possibly Mama's Family as well.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Ejanss said:
Not the least of which in the third season, where Batman kept meeting other ABC crossover stars on his climbs up the building, most of whom Viacom will have something to say about. If we get Season 3 at all, expect it to be hacked, and we haven't even gotten to music rights yet, or the eternal "Fox, Greenaway Productions, or Warner/DC?" question.
Actually, window cameos were done away with in Season 3 because of the cutback to a half hour. It was Season 2 when we had the cross-promotions for "Green Hornet" and "Felony Squad", but also saw Ted Cassidy as Lurch after the cancellation of "Addams Family", and somewhat inexplicably, Colonel Klink! (this was beacuse "Batman" and "Hogan's Heroes" were both filmed at Desilu. By this point, Fox no longer has space to accomodate one of their own productions).

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Something is telling me it will be the third and final set of The Carol Burnett Show as this post from Amazon might have indicated as such..."Note: Time Life has promised one more 6-disc set in the future called "One More Time" which will include Costco's disc 7, and discs 9, 15, 16, 17 & 18 from the 22 disc mega-set"[/size]
Yes, rmw650, The last 6 disc set has always been on the schedule to be released from Time-Life ("One More Time"). What I saw on Carol Burnett's Facebook page was a studio shot of Carol, Vicky and Tim sitting around in a studio setting (look like from "As The Stomach Turns"). The caption read something like (paraphrasing here): "Carol, Vicky and Tim shooting in the Time-Life studio today" (which was this week). It looks like they are filming new features for a possible new release. I have the "Megaset" that was released last year, and this particular studio setting was not in the DVD sets of any of the 6 discs sets or bonus features. Time-Life has always stated they were going to release the 6 DVD sets that were in the Megaset, eventually individually. Plus, I know there are a couple of DVD's individual sets that were sold with bonus DVD's that were not in the megaset.....and look like they might put these extra "Limited" discs in another "Megaset" (hopefully). Plus the fact Carol and the gang are filming new stuff at Time-Life, makes me think there is more on the way. And the fact, Carol was rewarded a some sort of sales award plague from Time-Life recently, since the DVD sets sold so well. I'm sure Time-Life would want to continue the trend since there is alot more material out there that can be released.....but that's only my opinion.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Jack P said:
and somewhat inexplicably, Colonel Klink! (this was beacuse "Batman" and "Hogan's Heroes" were both filmed at Desilu. By this point, Fox no longer has space to accomodate one of their own productions).
(On an unrelated side note, should I be worried that I can now spot the Desilu city-street backlot on sight, every time it's used as Gotham City, an East Berlin city on Mission: Impossible, or a ruined city on Star Trek? I'm not trying to, y'know, it just sort of keeps happening...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks