Guesses On CBS Releases For August

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, May 2, 2013.

1. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    If their usual pattern continues of announcing their advance releases on the second Tuesday of the month, next Tuesday would be the day. Usually 2 or 3 titles. They usually do three months in advance, so the upcoming announcements would be for August. Any guesses?

2. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Barnaby Jones Season Two? One can hope!!!

3. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

What I'm hoping for will only happen on MOD, and even that's highly unlikely: Slattery's People and The Great Adventure. They're both CBS productions, but I'm not holding my breath (I don't look good in blue!).

4. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    Personally, I hope we get a big surprise and see Season 4 of Hillbillies. Barnaby would be nice also

Ron1973 likes this.
  5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I want them to start the Colbys

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    I wish they would release NCIS on blu ray and The Mentalist, i see Person Of Interest, a show i really like, is getting a blu ray release but NCIS which is huge right now is not getting any release on the blu ray format, don't know why that is, maybe TV shows which repeat a lot don't sell so well.

7. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Of course The Mentalist and Person of Interest, though airing on CBS, are produced by Warners. NCIS is a CBS/Paramount release and they don't do a lot of Blu-ray series. NCIS:LA did one season on Blu and then switched to DVD only and Hawaii Five-O has done its first two seasons on Blu. I'll be interested to see if it continues.

FoxyMulder likes this.
  8. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

Grant
    Love Boat, the complete series. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

9. GMBurns

GMBurns Stunt Coordinator

Glenn
    While we’re dreaming, I’d love to hear an announcement for season 4 of Cannon, even though that would be the MOD route. And maybe with the last two Perry Mason releases being accelerated, they’ll also accelerate the last two seasons of Rawhide as well. And then - (drumroll) - the decks are cleared and the skids are greased for Barnaby Jones. Seriously, I only use it for medicinal purposes.

10. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    I'd say this is a very, very good guess. But that's just me. ;)

Gary "I just wish CBS would have remastered S1 and S4 (which is still a real head-scratcher to me)" O.

Jeff Willis likes this.
  11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

I think that's a good guess [​IMG]

Gary OS likes this.
  12. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Same here they should just release the complete series of The Colbys and be done with it for sure. :)

13. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    You are probably right on Mason. I like it to, but I guess with a half season left, I was hoping for a little something different. With a few notable exceptions (Dynasty, Laverne and Shirley, finishing Mannix and Have Gun), it seems like the past year almost all they have done is rotate Rawhide, Mason,Gunsmoke, and Bonaza with little thats new. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but when are we gonna see something different?

dana martin likes this.
  14. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

Grant
    Season 3 of Early Edition would be a nice surprise.

15. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    I'm curious to see what will happen now that Mason and Have Gun are ending and Rawhide, Dynasty, and Laverne and Shirley are near completion. That pretty much leaves only the two westerns as continuing series. Is the general feeling that they will unstall some things or slowly wind down releasing classic TV as a whole? They don't seem real invested in their MOD program either so I'm not sure what to expect.

16. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    The signals are mixed so it's a bit unclear what their plans are and what to expect regarding classic TV, but they'd make lots of fans happy if they sped up the MOD route if they feel anyway it's somehow too risky or expensive for them with the standard DVD. Because, would they really give say The Magician a shot on DVD (even if Bixby's quite a popular name still), if not then what exactly is stopping a MOD way.

17. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    I guess it's possible Cannon Season 3 tanked and they abandoned the whole idea. It's strange that we've heard nothing else about any future releases at all. I hope that's not the case as I would at least like to see Cannon finished if nothing else.

18. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Laverne and Shirley Season 7 perhaps, with the final season coming out in December, just guesses at my end.

19. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Well, in theory at least sales should matter less for studios' MOD titles than traditionally manufactured releases, and it did take them an awful long time just to get S3 of Cannon out after it'd been announced many months before it happened, so I still have high hopes we'll see more from them shortly. Picture-wise it looks just like the two first releases, so being DVD-R shouldn't really keep fans from not getting it.

20. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Perry Mason Season 9--Volume 2, as well as both volumes of Gunsmoke Season 9 are available for pre-order on Amazon with cover art already shown. I assume that those three sets will be released in August.