What's new

Directors Guess that review (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Some Like It Hot

The screenshot contests are more fun, I might as well be guessing the street you live on.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
If george doesn't mind, I'll toss out a quote and see if anyone gets it (sans googling).

Also here's an idea to expand the concept. Start with the first quote and then add a different quote from a different (or the same) review for the same movie. For example first you might use a Bosley Crowther quote that only hints at the film but follow it up with a Pauline Kael quote that is much more revealing.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Actually it's 622 Coyote Court, but I consider your answer correct, since we were only asking for the street I live on, not the actual address, and you guessed the street correctly.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Slausen? I don't live in South Central.

:P

since no one but George guessed, multiple choice possibilities for the above quote

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'll go with The Ox-Bow Incident

Slausen was just the first LA street that popped into my head. I knew going to USC you wouldn't live there, I just couldn't think of any streets in that area offhand.

George, my 2nd choice was Mack Brown Avenue, but they probably haven't started renaming streets yet. Bureaucracy is slow that way. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well if they did that, Brook, I'd have to move. I may already have to move in a few years when my kid starts High School, since as of now, the one he'd go to is named after the worst president we ever had. :frowning:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but not in San Antonio. However, we have ones named after Barbara Bush, Winston Churchill, Douglas MacArthur, Ronald Reagan, and Admiral Nimitz.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Willow?

Thought you made the choices kind of easy on the other one since Ox-Bow was the only film which wasn't from the 50's.

I would want to go to Admiral Halsey School.

He had to have a bath or he couldn't go to sleep
half a glass of milk
and a little spot of tea
and a butter pie
butter pie?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks