What's new

GTA3 Vice City: official and trailer! (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I've never preordered before. Do you put down a deposit, or just put your name down for a copy?
At game stop you can put your name on a call me when it arrives list. This basically means that after they have filled all of there preorders if they have an extra copies they call you. This doesnt gurantee you a copy of the game. When you preorder you can pay any amount towards the purchase of the game. If you preorder soon enough it will gurantee you a copy of the game. I have already put down the full amount towards Vice City. But putting down 5 dollars(the minimum)gurantees you a copy.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
So, either (a) EB are deliberately understocking, (b) he is lying through his teeth, or (c) he fully expects his managers to not have the first effing clue about how much stock to order. Gives you real confidence in the business, doesn't it...

Scott "E"

Second Unit
U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray analyst Tony Gikas, in a note to clients last week, estimated that as many as 4 million copies of the game have been pre-ordered and that the game will out-sell its predecessor "GTA 3" by up to 25 percent.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
So, either (a) EB are deliberately understocking, (b) he is lying through his teeth, or (c) he fully expects his managers to not have the first effing clue about how much stock to order. Gives you real confidence in the business, doesn't it...
Or (d) Rockstar can't/won't publish enough to go round.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Well I went ahead and preordered mine at EBworld.com with one day air shipping for 52.98 shipped. Not much of a deal, but if I don't have to hunt around for this game during release week, the time saved will be valuable enough.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
i just read the IGN preview and the game sounds great. i hope they bring back the same personality that made GTA3 so much fun to play. having lived in miami for over 10 years i'm looking forward to wreaking havoc in my former hometown quite a bit.

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Mellow Trailer, just like the opening to GTA3.
I pre-ordered my copy at my local EB. It looks like everyone else is doing the same, they have (surprise surprise) quite a lot on order.
We are a nation of sick monkeys, aren't we? :)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I also just preordered my copy from ebworld.com with 1 day shipping. I went to every video game store thats relativly close to me trying to track down a copy of Socom on release day, and I dont feel like doing the same for GTA in October. Now that I think about it, this is the first game I've ever preordered
JQ

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
OH MAN. I can't wait for this game to come out now. Take a look over at
www.rockstargames.com Go to the GTA Vice City page and go to movies. Select the September trailer. This is a brand new trailer and I don't think I've ever seen such a cool use of "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls (with the possible exception of opening song at my 80's party last year :D ) October 29th won't get here soon enough.
Edit- I love the big cell phone!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
To anyone that preordered GTA Vice City from EBworld.com what does your order status read? Mine says Backordered and I'm not sure if it's because I preordered it only a few weeks ago and I really won't get it on release day or if that's just EBworld's standard status for a preordered item. Any info is appreciated.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Uh oh, I'm hearing rumblings that Vice City has been furthered delayed until November 15th :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks