What's new

GTA3 and Vice City: Xbox version November 4th??!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Most previews that I've read (including Gamespot's) have mentioned custom sndtrks.

-Dave

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
How are the reviews? I played VC on PS2 but am really curious about how Xbox favors, esp with controls.

Never played GTAIII though.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Is there really no adapter to convert a 720 into 1080?
A scaler is required. The better the scaler the better the results. The scaler could be internal or external. It's not that you can't get from 720 to 1080, or even that it's always going to suck, it's just that the ideal is typically to view in native format.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Made my preorder for this title last night. I'm a tad worried though because all the stores are showing different release dates for this title, for example Circuit City and Amazon are showing 11-07, while EB is showing 11-04 (of course today is the 4th and EB still doesn't show that it's out). I ordered from Bestbuy who was showing that this title will come out on 11-04 and my order says this game won't come out until 11-05. Anyone else noticed this about this game? is this normal?

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
EB GameWorld always gets the games first where I live... The others usually a day or 2 after....

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
My experience with Bestbuy has always been that the date you see on the website is the date that the product is usually in store. However Bestbuy is showing today as the release date but on my order stuff from them it says the release date is 11-05 so I don't know if it will be in store today or not, it might be since today is supposedly the official release date.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone been able to pick this up today?

I need a game fix, and it's this or the ROTK game.

Bah, who'm I kidding? I'll get 'em both. :D

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Everything I have read says that Toys R Us is the only place that is selling this early.
I may stop by on the way home to check it out.

Doug

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
NO GTA at my local EB, but they did have ROTK, so I grabbed it..... Damn 24 is on tonight, so play will be limited :frowning:

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
None at Best Buy today at lunch.
Stopped by good old TRU on the way home and they had about 10 copies!

I'm working my way thru GTA3 now. So far the graphics aren't as improved as I was expecting but the car models and peds look much better.

No 720p support which sucks.

Doug

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No GTA at my local Best Buy - but thank goodness I have Nemo and Dark Tower 5 (700+ pages!!!) to tide me over until I can find it!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Just looked on the official website and it said in stores on the 5th which should be tommorow. I've been jonesing for some GTA over the past 2 weeks so I can't wait till I get my hands on this title.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I just read the review of this title on IGN and it got a 9.4, not to shabby. I unfortunately don't have a link to the review but you can read it by heading over to IGN XBox where they have it listed on their main page.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I'm much more impressed with Vice City's upgrades on the Xbox.
The car models look fantastic. Much better than even the PC version.

Doug

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'll look for it when I get out of work today. I was tempted to see if any places had it yesterday but then I remembered that when it comes to video games, you usually have to add a day to the listed release date. That always annoys the hell out of me :)

AlexanderS

Second Unit
both EB and Gamespot had it in this evening. Im going to wait to see if there are any good Black Friday deals before I jump in.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
My copy that I ordered on Bestbuy.com is in backorder, at this point I don't even know when it is going to ship. Originally it was supposed to ship and be here between 11-5 and 11-7, I guess it must be a title that's in great demand and is selling out quick. It would be nice though if I could at least get my copy shipped :) . Anybody with online preorders experiencing this kind of stuff with their order?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks