GTA V (Five) (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Russell G said:
I'm excited despite never finishing one of these furshlunginger games!
I finished every rockstar sandbox game and dlc except the Zombie one for Red Dead and Gay Tony and the Damned for GTA 4. I could not be more excited for a game than for GTA 5. Disappointed that the PC version will lag by 6 months or so, but we are used to that now.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/315929/gta-v-five#post_3999062
I finished every rockstar sandbox game and dlc except the Zombie one for Red Dead and Gay Tony and the Damned for GTA 4. I could not be more excited for a game than for GTA 5. Disappointed that the PC version will lag by 6 months or so, but we are used to that now.

You are a hero! I always get stuck on a mission were I get lost or something stupid and never finish the games ha ha. I finished Red Dead though, including the the zombie pack. Loved that game. I finished LA Noir too though I could go back and grind it for achievements. I can't be bothered though.

I'm really hoping for a HD pack of GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. I'd like to replay and maybe finish the first two, and I never did get San, GTAIII is on the PS2 emulator thing on PSN, but I want tropheys and prettier graphics.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No hero, I rarely finish games but the GTA ones get me hooked like no other.
The funny thing is I was VERY opposed to GTA3 when I first read about it. Killing cops and stealing hookers money? That sounded terrible. Then I actually played it and understood what RS was going for,

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Still looking for a scan, you can buy it here tho:
http://gameinformer.com/gtav
Via Ars forum:
Kotaku posted some highlights of what is within the Game Informer issue:
http://kotaku.com/5958949/rockstar-says-grand-theft-auto-v-is-bigger-than-red-dead-redemption-san-andreas-and-gtaiv-combined
According to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto V's Los Santos is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Yep. There's wilderness, a military base, and even an ocean floor to explore underwater.
You can switch between the game's three main protagonists at "nearly any time."
Those three protagonists, by the way, are named Michael, Trevor, and Franklin.
Sometimes they'll work together on missions, during which you can switch back and forth from character to character depending on which part of a given mission you feel like doing.
Each character has his own personality, skill set, and group of friends to interact with. And the ones you're not controlling will go off and do their own thing.
This is the same world as Grand Theft Auto IV and Liberty City, so you might see some recurring characters from those games (just not the major ones, like Niko Bellic). But. Rockstar says this is the "high-definition" world of Grand Theft Auto, so don't expect to see anyone from the PS2-era titles.
Remember those randomized dynamic missions in Red Dead Redemption? They're back for GTAV: expect hitchhikers, muggers, and dead bodies, among others.
Yes friendships. No romance.
Rockstar says there will be an economy, but you won't be able to buy properties. There will be "loads of other stuff."
Michael, Trevor and Franklin:
https://twitter.com/RockstarGTAV/status/266638349312344064/photo/1

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sounds way too complicated having to keep up with three characters in a game that swamped you previously when you only had one to look after. Managing the friend groups of the three will be worse than "Farmville". the others will do their own thing, but who knows how adverse the effects that will cause.

Ugh.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got the article via digital download last night, it sounds really effortless to swap between characters. There have been squad shooters that have allowed similar mechanics in the past so I am confident V will pull it off brilliantly.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
There's now a "flipping-the-bird" button? It's about goddamn time. I hope you can bust out your driver-side window and flip fools the bird, instead of shooting them to death. (I mean, I know Saints Row has had that exact feature for the past two games now, but still.)
Missions inspired by "Three-Leaf Clover"? YES PLEASE.
"Dogs jump against fences if you walk too close." Means they're introducing animals? PETA is going to love that.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It's official, from Rockstar:
e5ac0e72_1598986365LL.jpeg
Dear all, Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013. We know this is about four months later than originally planned, and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTA V is a massively ambitious and complex game, and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet, if not exceed, your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience. Yours, The GTA Team
I never get pissed at game-dates being pushed back any more. Get it right, then charge me $60 for it. I know not every developer has the luxury, but I'm totally down with the, "It's done when it's done"-attitude. Take your time, Rockstar. I have plenty of games to keep me entertained. Delay it until you feel it's perfect. This is such a big and important (important for having fun, anyway) game that they need to make sure it's not rushed. I like it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Holy shit. Rockstar just won videogames.

Max Payne 3 was one of the most fun online experiences I've had in awhile; mixing its gameplay up with GTA's open-roam world sounds like this will be fucking inspirational.

Hiring other people, and then placing bounties on their heads? Yes, please.

I look forward to inviting my friends over to my new apartment for a housewarming party, then murdering them all with a grenade.

A worthy sendoff to this generation of consoles.

ibjNPClFFAhrli.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The previews for this look too overwhelming. If it's possible to have to much to do to the point that the game is unplayable, this might be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks