What's new

GTA IV (2 Viewers)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
No I'm on PS3 so I did not know about XBOX acheivement points.

Speaking of PS3. Does anyone know how to get voice chat to work in multiplayer game. I paired my bluetooth earpiece with my PS3 but the game did not have me as being voice chat capable.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

That puts your original question into perspective. I was wondering why you weren't "rewarded" after nailing Michele The Friendly. ;)

Sorry I can't help you with your question regarding voice chat on the PS3. I have a PS3 (best darn Blu-ray player out there and has been since Day One!) but I play very few games on it. And those titles which are on both next gen platforms I always buy for the 360, mainly for the existence of achievement points and some other extra content via Xbox Live. It was surprising to me at how much these achievement points add another entire layer to gaming. At first I thought it was a gimmick but then I was drawn in (when implemented properly - some achievement point parameters are almost impossible to attain in certain games). Smart move by MS to differentiate identical games on the two platforms by adding this challenge.

One question for you, Will. I assume that scoring with Michele basically involved a similar scenario on the PS3 as I described on the Xbox360? I'm not obsessing on this topic, but I was just curious if the game play on both consoles is as close as they say it is (other than the extras).

Thanks.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

At this point the answer is, "Yes." Word has been circulating that GTA4 is scheduled to be released in Europe for the PC in October of this year and then I would assume it would filter its way worldwide. However I haven't seen any definite release date (not that there isn't one).

I wonder if Rockstar and Viacom are perhaps a little concerned about more "Hot Coffee" situations popping up. That's harder to do on a console without some major effort on the part of the hacker and the hackee.

Of course, any PC game that has any sort of readily (or not so readily) obtainable developer's kit associated with it could become a target for some dedicated "unauthorized mods." It is my understanding that the "Hot Coffee" mod took advantage of some code that had been imbedded by someone inside. I'm sure that the suits have tried to discourage this type of behavior from happening again but who knows?

;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, on the first date we went bowling, I guess the first time that date is kind of forced on you. And IIRC on the first date the game did not give an option to try to get an invite upstaris. The second time, I took her to a bar, ended up drunk and then drove her home. The gave gave an option to either just drop her off and leave or to "try your luck" which I did and ended up nailing her. Third date I took her to play darts (Much easier than bowling by the way) she got kind of bored by it, but I still ended up getting her again when we got back to her place.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm having the same problem with voice chat. My headphone is paired but it doesnt show me as being chat enabled. OK, I think I had it paired but not connected, trying that again!

I'm on the PS3 as well, as Kadath. Will add Marty2015McFly later. If other PS3 players are around let us know! The Multiplayer is a hoot but I miss the XBLive 'it just works' factor for voice chat and achievements.

The Collectors Edition is worth it for the soundtrack ALONE. The box is slick and the artbook is amazing.

I've had 2 hangups on the PS3, and i have a day 1 60 gigger =/

If you are getting lost driving SET WAYPOINTS. Cannot tell you how much better driving is with the GPS enabled. Also, if you find driving boring TAKE THE TAXIS. Dont jack a taxi, ride in one! It's worth the cash.

Best Easter Egg I've heard of so far:
The heartbeat of Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 News | GamesRadar

Official Multiplayer hints:
http://media.rockstargames.com/flies...ng-started.pdf

PA on Niko:
Penny Arcade! - Making An Impression

I'm avoiding hints and spoilers but good info collecting here:
Grand Theft Auto 'Hood: GTA Maps, Missions, Guides and News

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
For those having trouble getting a headset working, I didnt realize its a frigging three step process:
1, Sync the two
2, Tell the headset to connect
3, Set the headset as the mic input and chat output, then tell the game to mute the radio when voice chat is on.

Finally got it working.

For those who are having trouble with the PS3 crashing:
Take-Two Offers 12-Step GTAIV PS3 Fix | Game | Life from Wired.com
Grand Theft Auto IV-Unplayable (for me) due to hangs - Quarter To Three Forums

Those may/will kill your saves tho!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Has anyone gotten the thing to work where you tie this in to your amazon email and it gives you a link to download the mp3 from their store? The soundtrack is great and I love the tracks on the cd that comes in the collectors box, would like the link thing to work for a few additional ones tho.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Sam,

Thanks for adding me to your friend list.

I have Tues & Wed off to play you and others in Multiplayer.

I just started playing this Friday night and I'm loving it.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm loving this game and keep finding myself engrossed in the single player, I have yet to try the multi-player but will be soon. I'm playing on the PS3, so if anyone would like to add me, my PSN handle is CletusVandam.

I really like the improved Liberty City. The previous cities were all good but this one feels like the most realistic yet, I've had many instances where I could be driving along and just happen upon some interesting thing going on one of the street corners.

Hope to see some of yu online.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

You probably did. Unfortunately my X360 died sometime back and I opted not to replace it and just stick with my PS3/Wii.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I've gotten your friend requests (from everyone in this thread who has friended me) I'd like to go online soon but am worried about having the ending spoiled for me. Has anyone here beaten the main story yet?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Holy shit if this stuff on TV isn't hilarious! It's going to be sad when I go through all the shows they have. I just watched "I'm Rich" on CNT and nearly pissed myself. Rockstar should keep making this stuff and release editions of "Liberty City TV" on DVD. I'd buy it.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I scored with Michelle after 2 dates on the PS3... :) Then on ther third date, I asked her to come up, and she told me off... :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks