What's new

Grey's Anatomy Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Better start then I hoped for. I was very dissappointed at the concept of George repeating his whole internship, and they subtle changed that to "so you repeat this year" so he can have another bite at the apple of the test at the end of the season, which would be fitting.

I'm not sure if Lexi made anything easier for him, but I know already she's a much more likable character then Meredith.

The thing with Izzie was beyond ridiculous. They should have just put the animal down.

So many interns.. shouldn't the residents now have areas of practice? And what about the clinic?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This was a better than expected series re-boot IMO. Shonda threw out lots of interesting fodder to be mined and milked in future episodes. I have to agree about Izzie though. I find it totally unbelieveable that after everything she went through with Denny, and after recently coming off probation, she turns her attention (and that of the interns assigned to her on their very first day) to saving the life of a deer! Puh-lease...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the season opener was a return to form from season 1-2, even though the roles have changed (in keeping with the title of the episode), change is not all bad, just requires adaptation to them.

I'm glad the funny returned in the start of the episode, providing a way to clear the decks from a lot of last season's baggage.

The episode returned to a much more empathetic tone, well, except for Meredith's dismissal of her half-sister for now, but there's enough to build some kind of a bridge between them, but Meredith is still struggling with her father's flight response to Ellis's own issue between them year ago. Lexi just happens to represent another life that Meredith didn't get to experience, so she's still in wound bitch mode.

Given Izzie's ridiculous plotlines, I still can't believe Heigl won a Best Supporting Actress in a drama Emmy. But, given her past, the deer subplot is straight up Izzie'a alley.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I think the first three seasons were all supposed to cover one year.

And I would not be averse to thinking of Lexi Grey as the series title character and shuffling Meredith off to, oh, anywhere. I'm sure that the plan is for her to eventually be something other than pathetic, but it doesn't appear to be happening soon.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I came in late on it right at the deer part of it with the little boy crying for help. I saw Izzie, then thought of her from last season on how annoying she was with George and everything else, and said I'll watch the Bionic woman and Life, according to my wife I'm glad I did. Oh yeah VHS tapes still works (didn't want to waste a DVD) felt kind of nostalgic at first then the picture ugh. :laugh:

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
My Tivo cut off a minute early. Can someone please tell me what George said to Izzy when she opened the door?

Thanks!!

C

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Meredith narration: Sometimes change is good.

George: I love you too.

Meredith narration: Sometimes change is...everything.

Credits.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was okay, not great, but not horrible, though Meredith is still being a total beyotch towards Lexi. Until Meredith figures out her issue is with her father and not his offspring, Lexi is going to get the cold treatment in the interim, which isn't all that interesting of a subplot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was the best structured episode in a long time. While there weren't cutesy fun moments and good gags, the patient/doctor relationship played up who the characters are, and really showed growth on Christina's part. Some of the story lines were very effective, and the George/Izzie thing finally started to click together - and George (as a character) proves again why he's so lovable 'I can't be that guy..' with his decision to be honest and not hide; and his decision at the end to not hurt her when it was obvious to both of them she knew what he was going to say..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Truth" was the main theme for tonight's episode.

It was weird seeing Grandpa Gilmore playing an old intern.

Izzie was getting on my last nerve with her subplot with the old dude.

Christina's use of her getting ditched at the altar for surgeries is actually consistent with her character.

Meredith and Lexie lock horns once more, but at least Meredith clears away some of the baggage between them.

Finally Alec lets the air out of the "George the super-intern" balloon. About time.

That was gnarly, watching Alec stick that needle in the boy's eye to drain the fluid out of brain. Ewww...

Didn't you just want Bailey and Torres to "hug it out, bitches." They are going to make a good team.

Derek schooled Mark and chief and even called them on it, good stuff.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. Alex rotated between being too passive and just too much of a dick in dressing down George. Great play for his Character. And class act on George's part to roll with the punches.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that I'm glad the hairdresser on this show decided to stop slicking back Karev's hair and let it go natural in this episode.:)

I agree, this was a well done episode. Missed the first 15 minutes, so I didn't get why Karev did what he did to George in the elevator, unless he was showing he wasn't going to be passive anymore to the interns.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I really like the older intern involved. While he's still low on the pecking order, being a pharmacist for 30 years tells me he'd probably know a lot more about drug interactions and recovery complications then many of his peers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least this show holds my attention, much moreso than the spin-off.

Meredith's scenes with Norman were entertaining.

Izzie is getting what she deserves, she should find no legitimate solace from anyone after what's she's done. George deserves none as well, but he's not running from his infidelity, but has to weather the Torres storm because she's is furious inside.

Christina and "three" are a decent pairing.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think the scene between McDreamy and Christina was very effective.. now you are the teacher, you have to act as one.

The scenes with George & Callie are very effective because they are some of the better written. You kind of feel for both of them. George, after all, originally tried to fulfill his dad's wishes and marry Callie in a hurry to get that out of his system.. but at least he directly owned up to his fault and laid it out to Callie. I can't figure out Izzie who's so eager to fight Callie and make it public basically. That whole thing seems weird.

I am missing Bailey in her toned down role.

The moments with the chief and his now 18 year old niece were moving. I think good writing will allow Cammille (niece) to have an impact on his relationship in a positive way in the long run.

Continues to be in fine form.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Good show yesterday, usually the wife watches it and I watch Bionic Woman that was recorded the night before, but I have to admit the writers must know how much we dislike Izzie because they really whipped her good last night, and I appreciated it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
George and Izzie - ick couple of the year so far. I don't buy that pairing at all.

Torres and Yang - now I buy that pairing everyday of the year.

I did like what Bailey had to say about being the "bad guy in a black-n-white world of parenthood and missing out on her son's "firsts". George's reaction was solid, as was his convincing of the father to accept his recently deceased daughter's heart.

The union against Sloan was actually humorous in concept (and execution).

Alec and Rebecca - eh...

Meredith and Lexi - almost relating to one another like 2 human beings. Awww...

Meredith and Chief finding a final resting/flowing place for Ellis. Awww....

The guy with the tapping foot problem, and the insane method of stopping such tapping? Yowie!

Didn't really care much about McDreamy being back on the block subplot. He's sort of boring when he's not Meredith's love interest.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Another cute episode, this season has been pretty brisk and the writing enjoyable. The surgery where the patient was awake I thought was "eh" you'd figure even if he had to be awake they would have made him loopy on drugs or something. But, it gave a chance to show why Izzie was involved in the surgery.

I kept thinking about this weeks "Nip / Tuck" in regards to that scene, when on that show the concept was a doctor walks in and tells the TV show "your form is terrible.. this is nothing like the way it really works.."

Count me in as one of those people who thinks the George / Izzie thing should just work out for the better with those two figuring it out. TV shows are so terrible about having anyone actually have a relationship "work" on these shows.. why not? It would add an interesting dynamic, better then this "will it / won't it" bit.

McDreamy needs to move on. And I'd be happy if in the end the "Grey" the show centers on shifts to the sister.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I kept wondering why they didn't just evacuate the observation room during the open heart surgery of the wide awake bird voyeur. Seemed like the sensible thing to do, but of course, it was written that way to present a mini-cliffhanger before the commercial break.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks