What's new

Grey's Anatomy Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
George was killing me with his knowledge of super-heroes (or the spoken denial with the head nodding). Addison is becoming my favorite on this show. Izzie's legs had to be killing her after standing out there all day (lucky it wasn't raining, eh?). That hotel might be subject for a spin-off with all those doctors staying there.

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
My wife got me watching this show last season. I resisted it at first, then got kind of drawn in towards the end of the season.

This season, I'm going to have to be in a different room when my wife watches this because I can't seem to stop myself from making snide remarks and it drives my wife crazy. So, I'm going to use this forum to rant:

(1) I freaking hate Ellen Pompeo. I hate her, I hate the character she plays, I hate her stupid baby voice, I hate her stupid indecisiveness, I hate her mannerisms, I just freaking hate her (now tell us how you really feel).

(2) McDreamy? McSteamy? McStopit

(3) Izzie has spent the entire season thus far lying in one place and then standing in one place. Awesome.

(4) George O'Malley, one of the only characters I sort of liked in the first season has become unlikeable. He treats the whore (Pompeo) like a queen and the queen (chubby hispanic girl) like a whore

(5) Is Addison a post-op trannie?

(6) The fat guy from "my fat obnoxious fiance" (or whatever the name of that reality show was where some girl had to convince her parents that she was about to marry a fat slob) is now a cast member. Actually, that could be a good thing

(7) Chris O'Donnell shows us why he no longer has a film career.

(8) Miranda Bailey is a walking (waddling?) cliche as the seemingly mean boss with a heart of gold

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Chris -

Some of those accusations are kind of hard. And if you think Addison is a transexual.. dude, you need to get your eyes checked.

I do dislike what they are doing with George that even after Grey screwed him over (literally) he still pines for her. Meanwhile, the girl he has is way hotter (IMHO) then Grey. I think they are trying to play the angle that he's afraid of committment, but it's coming across more as "he's holding out in case Grey changes her mind.." And if that is EVER the case, then it does hurt that characters believability.

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, that did come across harsh but in fairness I did include the proviso that I was ranting.

I don't think Addison is unattractive, but I do think she's vaguely man-ish.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit at first Addison didn't do anything for me but, after last night's episode when her and McSteamy is in the bar and she turns around on the way out was actually kind of innocent and feminine.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sadly, I agree with most of Chris's post.

To tell you the truth, I am finding it hard to like any of the characters any more. Especially Meredith. I hope both guys wake up and dump her. No woman is worth what she is doing to them.

I don't think george is afraid of commitment. I think he just thought that Callie was moving way to fast. He does need some space. It would have to be tough to work with someone all day, then have to live with them too.

And as far as Addison is concerned, I don't think the actress is unattractive at all, although I can't stand her character. She is the one that killed the marriage. She should just shack up with "player" dude and go back to wherever they came from.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
ChrisCAB, keep ranting if you like. I like Grey's Anatomy, but I also have no problem laughing at the show. I saw truth in everything you said, even the part about Allison (one of my favorite characters on the show, and one I find attractive).

BTW, something about Miranda Bailey's conversation with the Chief didn't sit right with me. I'm not quite sure if I consider it out of character or unreasonable for the character. Would "The Nazi" advocate in that manner? If so, would it be tolerated?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I also share ChrisCAB's sentiments on Meredith as well. Her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard, and her pinning for Derek (I stopped referring to him as McDreamy) is just annoying. And I don't find her attractive at all.

I did like it when the show changed narrators one time, and would like to see it happen again.

Christina is another character that is starting to get annoying as well. I can't exactly put my finger on it, other than the fact that she bugs the hell out of me.

I think Addison is attractive, although I thought the actress looked better as a blond.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/12/06

I think I would watch a "Meredith on Morphine" show.

There were lots of plates in the air in this episode. I still can't believe Burke was cleared because it doesn't seem like a lot of time has passed from last episode, and his injury sounded serious enough to need more time, not just extra PT from sewing up chickens.

Meredith's choice was a bit anticlimactic, it could be a world of drama if she insists on pursuing McDreamy after he's let go.

Karev finding out what an ass McSteamy was after singing his praises to Addison was played out well.

Denny's last voicemail was heartfelt and touching. Denny must be have been loaded given all the doctors and surgeries he underwent, given the size of the amount on that check his dad left with Izzie. It seems too much of a development and future crutch for the writers to lean on to "make things happen" with Izzie newfound money.

Bailey bailed out McSteamy when she didn't have to, and cut him down to size.

George is going to have a cow when he finds out about Torrez and McSteamy.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
It's probably just me, but the show just goes downhill after each episode. It's all about who cheats on who, or has sex with who. I liked some of the other shows because they connected better with the patients. I give it another episode or two to pull before I am done with it. Again, probably just me.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday's show was o.k. You've got 4 people who has shared sex with each other and if McSteamy sleeps with "Toddler's" ex-girlfriend then that's got to be one nasty hospital. Grey's mom slept with Dr. Weber, Addison sleeps with McSteamy, Derek slept with Grey, George slept with Grey, George slept with (I can't remember her name) the Orthopedic surgeon, and Ortho surgeon maybe will sleep with McSteamy. Sheesh, if I had taken the time to spell this out lastnight, I might have gotten my wife excited for some. The only true person there is Bailey she just sleeps with her husband. Grey on morphine was pretty funny. If I knew sex was going to be so easy as an intern and doctor I would went to med school.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator

Adding more fuel to the fire.

You've got Yang sleeping with Burke, so far they haven't wandered to anyone else, that we know of.

Then of course there's the nurse that george slept with in season1/early season 2, who had recently slept with Karev. Karev also slept with Izzy. And later with the nurse again.

Does this happen in real hospitals???

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

And it gets annoying after a while. It's as if the show does these things just for the sake of doing these things.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys for the names and the reminder of who else is sleeping with who. I have to admit, some medical action is needed here to break up the sexual overloads.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought tonight's episode was entertaining. It was funny at times, painful at times. McDreamy finally got the whole story between McSteamy and Addison, and it wasn't pretty. Izzie is being far too coy with the money (irritatingly so). Burke is not Burke yet, may never be Burke again. Bailey faced some tough times going over the Denny case, but still had enough to pull another cancer patient through in spite of motherhood causing much anxiety in treatment options. George gets dissed by Torres. The ex's being stuck together coitally was good for some laughs. McSteamy and Addison are emotionally vacant with one another but continue to use each other to fill the void.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks