What's new

Grey's Anatomy season 2 ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Bob:

This show and The Closer are two shows that my wife wants to own on DVD and she doesn't buy tv shows on DVD. I personally think she is right and I have season one on order.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This past episode is scheduled to be re-aired on Thursday night after Dancing with the Stars, so check you local listings.

Also, this showing after the Super Bowl garnered more ratings than even the highest rated American Idol episode in January (around 38 million, reported by USA Today).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/12/06

Well, that was one helluva conclusion to last week's Super Bowl episode.

I got chills from George's empathetic, but strong, plea for Bailey to get her to give birth to her child, while her husband was having brain surgery.

Meredith and McDreamy's coda to day's event was so achingly pitch-perfect as both come to their romantic senses, but know more work needs to be done if they can ever return to that sense of optimistic bliss they shared for that short amount of time.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Haven't really watched the show. At first I thought they were setting up the doc with Kyle Chandlers character. But, my theory was soon blown to pieces. ;)

Man, if I was the cops & staff. As soon as that guy who built the bomb recovered. I kicked the crap out of him and his buddy. Idiots.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
The juxtiposition of the 'post SB' sexy shower scene George dreamed of, and the actual shower scene he got to observe last night hit like a ton of bricks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked how Shonda Rimes flipped the opening shower scene dream with the shower scene reality at the end, coming full circle for George ... who now must be considered to have supernatural powers of precognition!!! Keep on dreaming, George!!! :D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I would think the guy and his friend would be responsible for manslaughter, as tehy would have created an illegal armament that resulted in the death of 3. So, while they may 'heal up', I'd be pretty sure their next move after that would be to get prosecuted :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
My question would be: after the numerous times the police have been sued by families for situations gone bad, could those two bomb squad officers' families sue those two idiots for making that bomb?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think by signing up for Bomb Squad duties, you give up some rights because, well, that's the job and the risks that come with the job, and the compensation level for the job.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
This two-part episode was the first two episodes of Grey's that I have ever viewed.

I thought it was ok but it was terribly cliché ridden.

Of course in the end all of the regulars are safe. Isn’t TV life so wonderful?

By the way the writers took a huge liberty with the bomb blowing up sequence. Generally a small device like that would have been put into a transport container that would have afforded the transporters some protection.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the 2 bomb guys. Only was holding the bomb. Why was another guy so close? You figure you don't want 2 to die if something should happen. If he was there to open doors...they could have locked them open.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Talk about timing is everything, I would suspect the Season 1 boxset for Grey's Anatomy is going to do very well come tomorrow when it is released.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
not sure if this is necessary in this thread but for cautions sake....

this show would have shown some balls if bailey's husband would have died.

especially considering this was the first time anyone had seen him.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Very enjoyable two-parter! George is my favorite character, and I hope they are able to continue writing him with this mix of insecurity and competence.

The weaknesses were a bit hard to ignore at times: the bomb was stable through its firing, ambulance ride, several transports through the hospital and a switching of hands. Why all the worry about about it shifting an inch inside the body? Likewise, why would it suddenly explode being gently carried? Also, why bother with armored vests if you're not wearing a helmet?

But accepting dramatic license on technical details, the character drama is great. I look forward to the rest of the season!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That's precisely the reason I turned it off. The completely nonsensical premise totally overloaded my ability to "suspend disbelief".

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

I thought that the bomb exploded as they put it into the sealed case. Going back, that's exactly what happened. My assumption then, is the metal-to-metal contact created the response.

So, I asked someone who does do work with explosives of a sort - fireworks for baseball games - and he thought that it was mroe reasonable then I did. The most dangerous moment would be putting it back down into the container. Because, dependant on how you take your fingers off of it in setting it down, that's the biggest risk.

I didn't think these were the two best episodes of the show - though last week was very good. Still, it's easily better then DH, which completely defies all reality.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

On a show like Lost, or even 24, I expect (and want to some degree) for a regular to die on occasion to drive home the danger of the situations. Grey's Anatomy is not such a show. Killing off a cast member last night would have seemed rather pointless to me since these characters aren't normally in life or death situations.

And I'm glad they didn't kill off Bailey's husband because that's not really baggage I want to see on the show right now.

One of the reasons that I gave up on ER long, long ago but tune into Grey's Anatomy every week is that ER always seemed to go out of its way to to end on a down note to the point that I found it painful and unpleasant to watch. Grey's still has a fair amount of optimism in it.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Of course in real life people die pointless deaths all the time. The facts that the bomb goes off when all the regulars are safe and the patient miraculously comes back from the brink are all cheap clichés.

Of course of the two the king pin of clichés was the last desperate thump on the chest to revive the dieing patient. It would have been far more realistic to just have the surgery go smoothly as thousands do every day instead of resorting to an over used cliché.

Even though it did have its’ corny plot problems I can see why this show is popular. The cast performs well, they are appealing to the eye and they seem likable.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I didn't like the final chest thump either. I did feel they took the "reset" way out. I'm more OK with the decision to keep him a live, less with the way it was done.

The bomb thing was 50/50 for me as I half expected it to go off, but then kept convincing myself they wouldn't blow up the hospital. It was strange, though. I didn't feel they did the best they could have with removing it. I really didn't buy that the bomb was so volatile, but that might just be my understanding. See, in order to even shoot it, the thing had to undergo a miniexplosion to even fire out of its launcher. If it were THAT volatile, it'd explode the moment it's fired instead of exploding when it hits somthing. Maybe someone with knowledge can chime in.

The other thing is that if they were putting it into a box/container, I'd hope it's be a container with a very soft inside (foam, or even towels or something) to make sure the bomb came into contact with something soft, not the inside of a metal container.

Ultimately, it wasn't about the accuracy of the bomb handling, though. I hope for accuracy, but my expectations lowered after the dog in the surgery area.

I didn't want a main character to die, but I'm glad they didn't get off completely free. There needed to be some direct impact and we got it.

It was also a bit unbelievable that of everyone on staff, our stars were essentially the only people who chose to stay behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks