What's new

green tint to HLN? (1 Viewer)

Chris Mills

Auditioning
On advice of what I've read here, I've been looking at the new Samsung DLPs. I saw a HLN4365 at Magnolia and thought it looked quite good (maybe not quite as good as the 50" Fujitsu plasma, but I digress...).

I took the girlfriend to see it to gain approval. She immediatly pointed out that (compared to the other sets in the store) it had a green tint to it. No amount of fiddling with the user controls completely made this go away.

I figured it might just be that set, so I tracked down a HLN5065 at the local Best Buy. It was hard to tell with the feed they were giving it, but I thought the color was better... but I still detected a slight green tinge...

The girlfriend thought so too, and her opinion is that I shouldn't get a $4000 TV that makes things "too green".

My question (finally): Is this a known phenomenon? I can't find any posts that talk about this. Is it something that can be fixed via calibration? Is it my imagination?

Anyone else think the HLN's look greenish?

If this is a roadblock, it's back to square one on the TV search...

Thanks in advance.

Dean Wette

Stunt Coordinator
The Samsung DLPs (I have a HLM617W) have very good PQ out of the box, but like anything else they benefit from ISF calibration. When my set was calibrated the tech ended up turning blue down a bit and red up a bit. The result was an improvement, but not earth shattering (which supports the statement that they're pretty good out of the box).

I certainly didn't have any complaints before calibration, and definitely no problems with too much green.

I'm thrilled with my set and have no regrets buying it.

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks