What's new

Green tint from component switching (1 Viewer)

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a new JVC HDILA television that does not have as many component inputs as my last television. I was going to use the component switching through my receiver to make up for the lost input. When I used it my screen has a green tint to it. I checked all the cables and they are fine. Anyone every ran into this before? If my component switching is bad is there a another way to have more than one component cable into one input?

Thanks in advance

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
sorry thought i had put the receiver type in there--

i have a hk avr325 the manual says it has a frequency response of 10Hz-50Mhz.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Not the frequency response, what is the component video switching rated at?

I assume you have taken both same cables and connected direct and it is fine that way?

JackS

Supporting Actor
Sounds like the effect you'd get with a loose cable but since you have checked this possiblity, I'd check to make sure you've connected to the correct input. If everything correct, I'd try another component cable before proceeding any further.
If the cable fits very tight on the TV/ receiver, you could be fooled into thinking you have a complete connection when actually the cable is only inserted half way. This did happen to me.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I was watching Hellboy and was wondering why the movie was tinted green and noticed that the red component cable was not pushed all the way in

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone
i pulled all of the cables and reconnected everything and no more green

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks