Green Street Hooligans

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JohnnyHa, Jun 26, 2006.

1. JohnnyHa

JohnnyHa Auditioning

Its a shame this movie didnt get much coverage in the US, its a really great movie. I saw it in between World Cup games to keep my soccer fix going. Anyways, I just picked it up on DVD and am really pleased. Anyone else a fan of this movie?

2. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

Funny to see this post today. I saw this movie at Block Buster Sunday and was going to rent it this coming weekend. I remember hearing about it on HBO and had completely forgot about it until this past weekend.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Rented it last week and enjoyed it. [​IMG]

Don't call it soccer!

4. SimonMonty

SimonMonty Auditioning

I have soccer fever, with World Cup in full swing now, so Green Street Hooligans came out at the perfect time for me [​IMG] Very entertaining film, highly recommended for anyone that likes sports films. Very violent, great story, definitely giv eit a try.

5. BruZZi

BruZZi Second Unit

I also liked it. [​IMG]

6. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

rented it this weekend and really enjoyed it

7. Jamie.G

Jamie.G Auditioning

Wow what a great film. Truth be told I wasn't the biggest elijah wood fan (not a big fan of pretty boys) but I thought he did a great job in this movie. Really, he goes from being a wimp to being a stand up type of guy. The whole hooligan aspect of the movie was completely alien to me however I now have an understanding of why the hooligans do what the do. Couple of things to note. The movie has a high level of violence and ends on a somber note. Really though, I think many great films end in such a way. IMO Green Street is one of the best independant movies to come out in a long time.

8. Manuel_S

Manuel_S Auditioning

I was actually lucky enough to hear about this movie in 2005 when it was in theaters. I simply love this movie and it was nice to actually see a good indie movie. I was surprised to see Elijah Wood taking a step away from big movies to be in this one. He fit the role well though, I was surprised. Love this movie though, I'm actually going to buy it later tonight. (The video store I'm a regular at sold out, so I'm waiting for their call.)

9. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

I finally just watched this movie last weekend. I really like it and it was a big jump from Everything is Illuminated which I had just watched a couple weeks before. This move could almost be called Fight Club 2 which is probably the reason I liked it so much.