What's new

"Green Lantern" movie news... (2 Viewers)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Some VERY cool concept art

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-corps-concept-art-kilowog-tomar-re-abin-sur-rob-43164/

thatreat

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
I never read many Green Lantern comics, but this looks like it could be a fun movie. I like Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively as actors. I'll be watching it when it comes to theaters.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i've still got a bad feeling about this :)

i might be entertained, but i can't take a movie seriously when it doesn't take itself seriously. the worst scase scenario is it's a big CGI mess.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That trailer didn't do a whole lot for me, and I agree about the suit. It looks exactly like what it is - CGI. Hopefully they'll improve the rendering before the film gets its theatrical release.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I understand the decision for the costume, making it a sort of cosmic plasma rather than fabric, but think they should have had Ryan wear the suit and then enhance it with CGI. It seems like they made alot of extra work for themselves by going completely CGI for the costume, and fans will always nitpick bad CGI.

They have until the summer and Im sure will fix it up by then. It looks better in some shots that in others.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The stills of the alien landscapes from a few weeks ago looked promising, but the trailer seems far too jokey for my tastes. As soon as these comic book movies stop taking the material seriously and start parodying themselves, they will decline quickly. Also did not like the music accompanying the trailer; hoping that's not final.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
It also looks like Ryan Reynolds shot the GL scenes with only a jock strap on. Which makes me not want to see it now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricW
i might be entertained, but i can't take a movie seriously when it doesn't take itself seriously.

This is the trap that a lot of movies trying to copy the Iron Man formula will fall into. In Iron Man, Tony Stark might not have taken himself seriously but the movie took both him and itself seriously.

eva97

Auditioning
Real Name
eva Scott
Even , I enjoyed its trailers from you tube , but haven't got them best for me . If anyone can post another one, then will be appreciable . I am dying to catch it soon.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I don't know about this one...... After seeing that last trailer, I am kind of left a little.... dissatisfied with how this is turning out.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
The CGI for the suit is so bad it's distracting.

I agree!

I remember seeing Blake Lively in Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants in the theatre(don't laugh:)) and said she was a poor actress, and after seeing her in The Town I found out that nothing has changed.

Ryan R has good comic timing so this could be interesting if it plays light early on and then gets darker in the last 2/3's

Brent

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Did the "better CGI" do away with the jokey, self parody aspects of the movie? Better CGI is a small part of what makes a good movie.

Edit:

Ok, I've seen 4 minutes of the Wondercon footage the guy was talking about, and it does look much better than the trailer I saw previously. More serious in tone, too.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Here it is.

Destroys the previous trailer. Looks awesome really. Completely changed my opnion and Im looking foward to the film.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/20085/new-green-lantern-footage-details

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks