What's new

"Green Lantern" movie news... (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
EricW said:
just wondering, but in this script, does the ring still become anything the Lantern wants?
I hope they use the power ring/power battery with Oa and the Guardians, the Corps, EVERYTHING.
Speaking of the GL Corps, which Corps members if at all would be in the film? Kilowog would be great, maybe Michael Clarke Duncan as a kind yet authoritive portrayal. Is Alan Scott going to be mentioned if at all in flashbacks and the Starheart power? Sinestro and other villains?
Hopefully the film going public will know Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) is a member of an elite intergalactic police force which has members from other planets. If given the right treatment, which I feel this actually is getting, I can't wait to see what the filmmakers do with all the locations and powers on screen. Can't wait to see the making-ofs.
Who'd be Hal Jordan, would the yellow/fear/Parallax weakness be featured? I'm hoping Ethan Van Sciver assists with the design process. Abin Sur even?
By the way, all of this is coming from memory.:crazy:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Ray, If you go to the DC Comics film section of the Superhero Hype! - Comic Book Movies - Superhero Movies - Superheroes - Heroes - Comic Books - Graphic Novels - Super Hero - Adaptations - Adaptation forum. You can see a thread where they discuss the GL script.
With regards to your question...
I haven't read the script, since I want to be surprised. But, from what I have seen discussed. You will be seeing the GL Corps and other "future" GL's like Guy & John. I heard something that they may even show Alan Scott.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
From Kyle Reese to Green Lantern? - Movie News - Latest Movie Reviews and trailers
By El Mayimbe on February 26, 2009
With both a director and a release date firmly in place, the search is underway for Hal Jordan.
From what I gathered so far, Sam Worthington is obviously unavailable due to his role in Clash of Titans...
Ryan Gosling, who we reported earlier as a candidate, passed on the role...
According to a source, Emile Hirsch (Speed Racer) has also just passed on the role...
So the producers are looking at every young up and coming actor in Hollywood INCLUDING a name I at first found peculiar, but it grew on me and I wanted to share it with you guys.
Anton Yelchin
He is after playing the young bad ass of the future/past Kyle Reese in the upcoming Terminator Salvation (which I can't wait to see) and got the Chekov part in Star Trek.
But Hal Jordan? What do you guys think? Can you see Anton wearing the ring?
Hey, if they went to current it boy Emile Hirsch who is 5' 7'' and totally out of left field in my opinion, then Anton who is 5' 9'' is certainly a possibility.
UPDATE: The producers really REALLY want Ryan Gosling. Even though he initially passed they are going to try again. Anything is possible but insider folks believe he is going to pass yet again. Hell, look at how many times the Dodgers went to Manny Ramirez and how many times he's passed on their offer.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Thumbs down on Yelchin for me. He's just way too young. He's 19 years old, and the kid still has a voice that sounds like he's 13.
Personally, I'm not supportive of making GL a kid. He should be in his late 20s at the very least.
Gosling's a good actor and I wouldn't mind if he got the role. But I really don't think he'd take it. He seems to be the type of guy who enjoys his privacy and would hate stariing in a big comic book movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I know they are both older, but I really wish they'd look at either Fillion or David Conrad. They've got the look and they can act--maybe not Shakespeare, but Fillion especially exudes cool, and that's enough for a project like this. I'd write to Conrad to ask him to get his hat in the ring, but the IMDb makes you pay for contact info now.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Jason Seaver said:
, myself). He's a less-reviled version of Brett Ratner - capable enough, but with no discernable style or personality of his own (which makes him a perfect fit for Silver Age DC characters like Hal Jordan, da-dum-dum). I'd really like to see the franchise in the hands of someone who really wants to make a big, grand epic, a David Twohy or Alex Proyas, but I don't see Campbell screwing it up.
My thoughts exactly.

Eyleen

Auditioning
Real Name
Eyleen
They should really use the John Stewert story of the Green Lantern, I think he is better, he is a more powerful character, and as well, both DC and Miracle need to start coming up with black, African American idol movies. 642-642

Eyleen

Auditioning
Real Name
Eyleen
They should really use the John Stewert story of the Green Lantern, I think he is better, he is a more powerful character, and as well, both DC and Miracle need to start coming up with black, African American idol movies.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - IESB Exclusive: Green Lantern Casting Rumors - Hal Jordan
IESB Exclusive: Green Lantern Casting Rumors - Hal Jordan
Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Thursday, 19 March 2009
It was announced yesterday that the new live action film Green Lantern had set up production offices and was on track to start shooting in September for the previously announced December 17, 2010 release date.
IESB has gotten word out of the Warner Brother's halls that there is a short list of possibles for the casting of the green superhero Hal Jordan. Top of the list is Chris Pine who is currently set to star as Captain Kirk this summer in J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek film.
In the new Green Lantern film, Hal Jordan is a pilot who finds a powerful ring and its lantern-like battery when a spaceship crashes on Earth. Jordan is selected to succeed the craft's dying occupant as the next Green Lantern, a galactic guardian who is a member of an interstellar corps.
Could one man be both Captain Kirk and Hal Jordan? I suppose, after all Bruce Wayne is also John Conner.
Word is WB is looking for a man's man under 30. Names like Jon Hamm and Nathan Fillion have popped up but again they are looking for under 30. I think Hamm would be a fantastic choice but by the time a sequel rolls around he'd be pushing 40 (which I think would only make him sexier and more distinguished). Sam Worthington's name has also been floating around but Chris Pine seems to be the top choice.
IESB has contacted Pine's talent agent Steven Jang who has referred us to his publicist Melissa Kates at PMK who's assistant gave us a "no comment" because Kates is currently on vacation.
It's a rumor for now albeit from a very reliable source inside WB, we'll keep an ear out for developments!

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Collider.com says the above rumor is false...
Rumor Killer: Captain Kirk is NOT Going to be Hal Jordan
3/19/2009
Posted by Frosty
I have a few things to say in this article but first let’s get to the main part. Earlier today IESB reported that Chris Pine (the new Captain Kirk) is rumored to be at the top of the list for “Green Lantern”. Then, a bit later in the day, El Mayimbe on Latino Review confirmed IESB’s story by writing “according to my sources THE OFFICIAL OFFER is out Chris Pine for the role."
I’m sorry to be the one to report that these stories are just NOT true.
At least according to my source, and mine is the same one that said Anton Yelchin wasn’t in the running either. Trust me, the person I’m speaking with would know.
While Latino Review and IESB have definitely broken a lot of casting stories, this is not going to be one of them.
And this leads me to something else.
I’m getting really tired of posting rumors about casting. It seems that all too often people are writing stories about possible casting news that just never ends up happening. And it’s the same recipe again and again. Take whatever big movie is about to start filming and add whatever actor is hot at the moment.
While in the early days of the internet this happened all the time and that was fine. But we’ve reached a place where the online world is gaining a whole new level of respect as we’re doing actual journalism and posting real breaking news. The more we all post rumored casting news or stories that have no element of truth, the more we water down what we all do on a daily basis.
Basically, I’m asking everyone to stop.
I know this will probably do no good. And I’m not trying to stand on some high horse and say I’ve never posted a rumor. But in the last 3 years every story I’ve reported has been backed up by two sources.
Anyway, with “Green Lantern” shooting later this year we’ll all hear who Hal Jordan is soon. I hope it’s someone great.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
TerryRL said:
Collider.com says the above rumor is false...
3/19/2009
Posted by Frosty
I have a few things to say in this article but first let’s get to the main part. Earlier today IESB reported that Chris Pine (the new Captain Kirk) is rumored to be at the top of the list for “Green Lantern”. Then, a bit later in the day, El Mayimbe on Latino Review confirmed IESB’s story by writing “according to my sources THE OFFICIAL OFFER is out Chris Pine for the role."
I’m sorry to be the one to report that these stories are just NOT true.
At least according to my source, and mine is the same one that said Anton Yelchin wasn’t in the running either. Trust me, the person I’m speaking with would know.
While Latino Review and IESB have definitely broken a lot of casting stories, this is not going to be one of them.
And this leads me to something else.
I’m getting really tired of posting rumors about casting. It seems that all too often people are writing stories about possible casting news that just never ends up happening. And it’s the same recipe again and again. Take whatever big movie is about to start filming and add whatever actor is hot at the moment.
While in the early days of the internet this happened all the time and that was fine. But we’ve reached a place where the online world is gaining a whole new level of respect as we’re doing actual journalism and posting real breaking news. The more we all post rumored casting news or stories that have no element of truth, the more we water down what we all do on a daily basis.
Basically, I’m asking everyone to stop.
I know this will probably do no good. And I’m not trying to stand on some high horse and say I’ve never posted a rumor. But in the last 3 years every story I’ve reported has been backed up by two sources.
Anyway, with “Green Lantern” shooting later this year we’ll all hear who Hal Jordan is soon. I hope it’s someone great.
The question is, Why are these websites going with these bogus rumors? I think sometimes it done to try to steer studios into hiring these people. Once the fanboys get a hold of it & start spreading it & demanding it I think it can infuence the studio's hand. Other times its to generate any kind of web traffic.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
'Green Lantern' to shoot in Sydney
"Green Lantern"
SYDNEY -- Warner Bros. and DC Comics' next big-budget feature, "Green Lantern," will be made at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney, New South Wales Premier Nathan Rees said Thursday.
Director Martin Campbell will be at the helm of the comic book's big-screen adaptation, working from a script by Greg Berlanti and Michael Green. Donald Deline will produce with a reported budget of $150 million.
Rees said the film will create about 500 jobs and include a "substantial investment" in digital effects work in Australia.
"Green Lantern" should be eligible to receive the Australian federal government's 15% location rebate on top of the incentives supplied by the New South Wales government to bring the project to Fox. New South Wales outbid interstate rivals Victoria and Queensland for the work.
"The decision by Warner Bros. to locate the production in New South Wales is tangible evidence that having a competitive incentive scheme in place returns positive results," Fox Studios Australia CEO Nancy Romano said.
The project is the latest film also to be attracted by the decline in the value of the Australian dollar.
"Green Lantern" is the third Warner Bros.-backed feature being made in New South Wales. "Happy Feet 2" is in development there, and "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" is in production by Animal Logic.
Preproduction on "Green Lantern" is set to begin in July, and filming is scheduled to start in November. Warners is aiming to release the film in December 2010.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is Guggenheim no longer associated with this, then? If so, that's a relief. His writing is typically underwhelming.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I was looking forward to that after seeing Wonder Woman on Blu-Ray, and I still am. Bruce Timm has done some great work and almost single-handedly created the DCAU. I do wish Warner would give him a bigger budget, and increasing the length of the films. Basically creating a couple of theatrical productions, instead of direct to dvd films.
And of course I'm also looking forward to the live-action film. But of course there's not much information yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks