What's new

Green Acres...future seasons (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Do you think we may see a Season 3 rush like John Ritter's death got Three's Company Season 1 rushed out.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Season 3 due this December!

All right. I was afraid the Sony takeover would put the kibosh on future seasons, but happily I was wrong, and we will get to see Arnold go to Hollywood, Oliver vs. the Phone company, and of course, "The Rutabaga Story." Man, was this show crazy. And funny.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
And best of all, we're gonna see in Season Three the greatest saga of star-crossed love ever in Hooterville: Arnold Ziffel & Cynthia Haney!!

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Speaking of "Green Acres," does anybody know what episodes are on this disc?

Edit: Turns out it's just the first eight episodes of the first season -- not a great sampler (those aren't the best episodes of the series).

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Of course, the new sets are supposed to be single-sided...Sony actually does something good for a show that's not Seinfeld!

DanMel

Second Unit
The third season was the best season of all the Green Acres seasons. I've been hoping that this season would at least make it out before Sony/MGM decided to not release other ones. This is the best news I've seen posted on TVshows on dvd all year.

DanMel

Second Unit
Season 3 is suppose to have 4 disks, which would lead me to believe the episodes should have good compression quality as there were 30 episodes. If it were anyone else but Sony I would speculate that the first 2 dvd's should have eight episodes each and the last two would have 7 each.

However, due to the fact that we are now dealing with Sony who has demonstrated with Bewitched season 2 that they do not know how to evenly distribute episodes, I will speculate a different scenario.

Disk 1 should have no less than 9 episodes crammed in
Disk 2 will have another 9 episodes
Disk 3 will have 9 episodes
Disk 4 should have 3 episodes on it with a whole bunch of extra space.

We will see if I am correct as I think I am starting to know Sony better than they know themselves. And for any reviewers out there the video will look alright considering the show is 40 years old. However, they never seem to mention the video could look better with less compression used which equals less artifacts.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor

Agreed. Season Three has some of the absolute funniest GA moments....very glad to hear that season three is coming to DVD.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Season three came out Tuesday. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm about to tell someone it's on my Christmas want list.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Each disc has 8 episodes on single sided discs. The one annoying thing is that they have stuck the FBI warnings on a number of episode. As if a pirate doesn't know it's illegal.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Okay...does ANYBODY have this yet? I looked everywhere. No GA. Some of my friends in Canada said it's not there either. I don't know of anyone who's actually seen a copy. Has it been postponed to tuesday the 13th?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I ordered it and Godzilla Final Wars from Amazon, I doubt that will be in many places on Tuesday and they had a good price on it.

Edit: I just got an email saying GA has shipped so it's available.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
It seems Amazon has the best price (if you find something to bump it to $25 for free shipping) so I'll probably order it there.

Otherwise DDD is $1 less.

FrancisP

Screenwriter

I would be very wary about using Amazon's free shipping. I ordered another dvd with Amazon's free shipping and it took around nine days to ship even though they said ships in 24 hours. It took them 6 days to charge my credit card. I ordered green Acres and paid the shipping charge and got it in 3 days.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The distribution seems to be kinda spotty on this release. I guess BestBuy and WalMart just didn't receive their shipments??? Oh well I'll buy it tomorrow hopefully. Amazon is very reliable--but for their free shipping thingie...it sometimes takes quite a while and with the holidays, it'll take longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks