What's new

Great Warner Horror/Sci-Fi titles up for pre-order for 8/6. (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Saw these up for pre-order at DVD Empire at $19.95 retail for 8/6 release (Gremlins 2 is out on 8/20):
Gremlins 2: The New Batch - with commentary
Wolfen - with commentary
Exorcist II: The Heretic - with alternate ending
Swarm, The - with commentary & behind the scenes documentary
Them
Time After Time - with commentary
Clash Of The Titans
I'm so happy to see that Warner has finally started to get around and release some of their truckload of horror/sci-fi titles. :emoji_thumbsup:

Will K

Screenwriter
Excellent! Will be picking up at least four of these. The 2nd half of '02 is looking sweet for horror.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I'm just trying to envision a commentary track on "The Swarm" that doesn't degenerate into MST3K territory. I can't! Of all the Irwin Allen disaster films, "Swarm" was the one I always felt least likely to be the first with that feature (Fox, how about some Five Star editions of "Poseidon Adventure" and "Towering Inferno"?)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Thanks, Warner! At last I'll be able to see TIME AFTER TIME in widescreen for the first time since 1979. I'll also be able to own one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in a theater, if not THE funniest - EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC.

I don't want to appear greedy but let me just ask for one more thing: Robert Wise's THE HAUNTING.

--Bill

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
This just goes to show that Warner is listening. Every one of these titles has been requested here many times.

I for one, will be picking up every one of these.

WS, commentaries, extras, ... what more could you ask for?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Warner is also releasing a Special Edition of Grmlins at the same time, but extras hasn't been officially announced.

I'll be buying

Clash of the Titans

Gremlins 2

Gremlins SE

Time After Time

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Gremlins 2
Wolfen
Time After Time.....
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Here are the features for the Gremlins special edition coming out on 8/20 for $19.95 retail:
Audio Commentary with Director Joe Dante
Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
Behind-The-Scenes Documentary
Audio Commentary with Cast
Theatrical Trailers

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
According to DVD Empire, the running time is 117 minutes. That would make it the original theatrical version, before WB cut it on account of unintentional laughter breaking out in theaters all over the country (as reported in Variety, and also as remembered by me when I saw it on the first Saturday of its run in 1977). The shorter ending, though less ridiculously funny, doesn't make any sense.

--Bill

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
THE SWARM would have been the LAST movie I would have expected Michael Caine to do a commentary on! Then again, maybe it's one of his faves because he got to work with Henry Fonda and many other talented people. I hope he'll tell on his commentary track!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
(Standing ovation for WB!)
Gremlins with cast and director commentaries???
Gremlins 2 with another Dante track??
Clash of the Titans...and it's got some features on it???
Time After Time with a track by Meyer, McDowell and Warner???
Them!??? The Swarm??? Wolfen???
All widescreen (except for Them!), all about 20 bucks...
You've made a movie freak very happy today... (sniff)
:)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to Clash of the Titans. I'm sure Warner will do a nice transfer on this, as it was being restored if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the price will be very reasonable, as well.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Gremlins 2: The New Batch - with commentary
Wolfen - with commentary
Them
Time After Time - with commentary
Clash Of The Titans
These are the ones I'll be getting. :)
Wait a minute...Michael Caine commentary on The Swarm? Ok, picking that one up too then! Damn, Gremlins SE also. Just read about it! Way to go Warners, looks like I'll be getting quite a few snappers to add to my collection later this year (along with Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein, too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks