What's new

Great Tweak To Improve Music Listening (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I haven't listened to my vynil in a LONG time (like 10+ years). I no longer have a TT. My vynil is just sitting there :frowning: I may have to break down and go get a new TT...

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
I know its hard for some people to convert to SACD, since it lacks a lot of music. Say,Led Zepplin, Pink FLoyd, or possibly even Rage Against The Machine. I only did simply because a lot of Miles Davis albums were on it, and some other albums.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
John, too bad you did'nt purchase the vinyl releases of Miles Davis. A lot of his library has been picked up by Classic Records as has Tony Bennett. Analogue Productions has also re-released many quality records from the past.
The sound quality is absolutely amazing from these records.
I don't miss having SACD in the least when it comes to music from the 50's, 60's,70's. A good quality pressing played back on a good analog front end can be an enlightening experience. I have had the pleasure of hearing Miles Davis on SACD at a local dealer on B&W 800 sig. speakers and Levinson amp + pre with Marantz SACD and I was'nt blown away, I'll stick to vinyl for these old precious artists compositions. :)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
It's not that I dont have LP copies of Miles Davis or other SACD albums, I just find them sometimes easier to use, but they are not as always as comaprable as their vinyl brother. As an example in Kind of Blue, I can swear to god that Bill Evans in Blue And Green is inside my left speaker.

Anyway, SACD is an alternative to people who love small shiny things, and dont want to have take constant care of vinyl equipment and lp's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks