What's new

Great (free) manual on theater sound (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I was digging around JBL's Professional Sound web site at lunch today and found a fantastic reference that I wanted to pass on. JBL has a PDF version of their Sound System Design Reference Manual . This manual is a fantastic guide to toom acoustics, space and speaker interrelationships, room layout, etc.
Though the manual is very technical at times, it seems to be very well written and shouldn't be to dense for anyone on here.
Additionally, a pdf version of the Cinema Sound System Manual is also available for download. Though this one has information that is relevant only for horn-based theatrical speaker systems, it contains some good information about screen transparency, room equalization, and so on.
Definitely download them and give 'em a read.
-greg
BTW - the new house is under contract! There's a huge space (aprox 30' x 30' x 15') above the garage with a vaulted ceiling that I'm planning to convert to the home theater. I'll be taking detailed measurements later this week.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Greg: the description sounds good, but the two links end in a NOT FOUND message. Could you post the link to the web page that contains the link to the PDF files?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Strange. I tried the links at the office and they worked great. Ack. Oh well. Here's the link to the technotes page at JBL Pro:
http://www.jblpro.com/pages/tech_lib.htm
The files I referred to are the first one under the General Audio category and the second one under the Cinema Related Documentation category
-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks