Gravis Gamepad problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonS, Aug 9, 2001.

1. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

I recently installed a new soundcard on my computer. I thought I should have my Gravis gamepad installed through the port on the card instead of the port on the motherboard as it previously was. Anyway, I uninstalled the drivers, and tried to install it while using the soundcard port. I got no response. It acted as though it was not installed.
    I tried to install it to the previous location, however now it just acts as though I'm holding down the left side of the direction pad. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    My motherboard had the soundblaster files on it, which I uninstalled before installing the soundcard. So far it seems as though I'm not having problems getting sound off the card, I just can't get my gamepad to work using either the port on the soundcard, or off my motherboard.

2. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

Do you have an integrated sound card on your motherboard?
    ------------------
    Steve,
    DVD Collection

3. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I had the sound coming from the motherboard. The main reason I went to an external soundcard was because I recently started getting sound out of only one speaker.
    ~J

4. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like you could possibly have a conflict. I'd look for a jumper on your motherboard to disable the integrated sound card. You may need to take a look in the bios as well.
    ------------------
    Steve,
    DVD Collection