What's new

"Grand Prix On DVD" Petition UPDATE: DVD Release on 7-11-06 (1 Viewer)

Chris_P

Auditioning
An online petition is available to make your voice heard. Warner claims that they have received 'no requests' to release Grand Prix on DVD. Not many have signed the petition, yet. Warner will likely need to see many more names on the list before they will consider the idea. Let's hope that it eventually happens.

Put Grand Prix On DVD Petition

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
OK Chris - I signed the petition and hopefully this post will see alot of response. If Paramount can release Le Mans - heck - if Warners gave us Gumball Rally it's the least they can do!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Incredibly lazy people like myself who are marginally indifferent to this film are unlikely to sign that petition, as it requires too much info! When net-slouches sign petitions, they like the ones that just need name and email and perhaps a brief commment.

Always bear the lazy man in mind! :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
So Warner owns this film? I have the widescreen laserdisc of Grand Prix and it's an MGM disc. Shame Frankenheimer is not around for his involvemement if they do release this on DVD. In HD, this would be a pretty cool film to have, particularly during the Monza sequence.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I have it on good authority that Grand Prix will be released next year, derived from a newly produced interpositive from the 65mm Oneg, and in 5.1 in a new high definition transfer.

"You can save your bit of paper now."

RAH

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
WINNING has been on DVD for years, in a non-anamorphic transfer.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
All right! My copy of Le Mans was feeling awfully lonely. Now, if they could just releae an anamorphic DVD of Winning, I would be happy (briefly).

FrancisP

Screenwriter
That would be great news. Now if Warner would release Garner's other titles such as They only kill their Masters,
Boys Night Out, and Marlowe, I'd be estatic.

George Reis

Stunt Coordinator
This is the best example of instant gratification I have ever seen! Someone must have made their request for this to a jeanie!

The Greatest Racing Movie of All Time is Now Available on DVD!

GRAND PRIX: SPECIAL EDITION

Nine races. One champion. James Garner, Yves Montand, Brian Bedford and Antonio Sabáto portray Formula I drivers competing to be the best in this slam-you-into-the-driver's-seat tale of speed, spectacle and intertwined personal lives. Eva Marie Saint and Toshiro Mifune also star.

John Frankenheimer (who 32 years later would again stomp the pedal to the metal for the car chases of Ronin) directs this winner of 3 Academy Awards®, crafting split-screen images to capture the overlapping drama and orchestrating you-are-there POV camera work to intensify the hard-driving thrills. Nearly 30 top drivers take part in the excitement, so buckle up, movie fans. Race with the best to the head of the pack.

First time on DVD! Available at a NEW low price - $20.97 SRP.

Winner of 3 Academy Awards® in film editing and sound, this 40th Anniversary Edition is newly remastered from 65 mm film elements and restored in 16x9 widescreen format.

Revved-up with all new special features.

Timed for the US Grand Prix.

Not Rated

Order Date: 6/6
Street Date: 7/11
DVD / $20.97
Cat# 79100
UPC 012569791008

Antonio S

Stunt Coordinator

Ok...now I don't feel so bad.
Go get it Jeremy.
I hope the great sound track has been well preserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks