What's new

got my parasound!! (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i posted earlier that i was torn between rotel,and parasound for a separate amp for my system. well, i bought the parasound hca-1500a, and it sounds absolutely beautiful.
i'd gone to my local dealer to see if he could order me one, but his sales rep said that this model was being discontinued. so i called a couple other places, and one in massachusetts had his demo model he would sell me, so i made plans to head down the next day. before i left though, i found my dealer had been trying to get in touch with me, so i stopped in to see what was going on. he'd gone looking for one as well, and found the exact same amp, and they could ups it to him the next day, plus he would knock $50 off the price the other guy had quoted me. i said, let's go.
so here it is in my system, and i am amazed at the difference it makes. sonically, it does resemble my denon 3300 that is now used as pre-pro, but it is so absolutely crystal clear, and instruments and vocals have a greater sense of separation and space around them. plus, the denon has been said to be a bit one-notey in the bass, but now, perhaps due to the quality of the amp, perhaps due to the power reserves, there are all sorts of subtle dilineations going on in the low end.
as a lot of people mentioned, the two steves among them, parasound and paradigm just seem to be a synergistic match. they work absolutely great together.

JohanK

Second Unit
Welcome to club parasound Robert...enjoy.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Any of you guys compared the 1500A to the Anthem MCA 2 ?? Another question for you Parasound guys, have you heard anything about their new line and when they will be released??
------------------

JohanK

Second Unit
Michael, new redesigned line will be introduced this winter and be more expensive (by quite a bit).
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Johan,
I can't find any info anywhere on these things, have you seen anything on the web at all??
------------------

George Minich

Auditioning
Congrats on the Parasound! I am sure that you will love the amp as love my 2205a.
Enjoy
George
------------------
George Minich
MIS Project Leader
Toshiba of Canada Ltd.

RicP

Screenwriter
The 1500A is quite a marvel.
I ADORE this amplifier. Congrats on joining the Parasound Club!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ric Perrott
madhack.gif

My Theater ;My DVD's

RobertW

Supporting Actor
my dealer was under the impression that while the 1500 was gone, the rest of the line will continue, and they're introducing a new higher end line.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,
I don't know if I am qualified to welcome you to the Parasound club since I just joined myself, but congrats anyway!
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

John H

Second Unit
Robert,
Congratulations. I have used several models of Parasound amps over the last few years and have always been pleased with their performance.
John
------------------
Link Removed

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the new addition Robert. I couldn't be happier with my HCA 2003A and my two HCA 1000A. Welcome to the club.
Jerry

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Didn't realize there was such a following for Parasound.
I just picked up the HCA 2205 and will use it to power up my fronts and center. If I like it I will keep it.
My%20Pictures0001.jpg

Go Parasound Go!! :)
------------------
Trevor
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!
June 12,2001
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on July 24, 2001 at 12:48 AM]
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on July 24, 2001 at 12:48 AM]

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
The 100's and the CC sounded great with the 2205at,not to mention the ADP's.It brought the bass out in the 100's and it seemed to bring a cripness to the top end(not bright)but where it really shines is in the midbass.Alas,I know longer own the Paradigms they are a great speaker. For those who love Paradigm if you have a chance try to audition the new Von Schweikert HT speakers.Albert has designed one of the best speakers I have heard in the $3000 range.I listened to Dynaudio Contour 2.5 system and B&W 800 series,Vienna Acoustics, Dunlavy, NHT, Sonus Fabers, and many more in my quest to best the 100's.It wasn't until I heard Albert Von Schweikerts new VR3.5's and LCR35 that I new I was selling the Paradigms.My only prolem was at the time there was no surrounds. Well Albert solved that,his new surrounds will be completed and a few pairs ready to ship in a couple of weeks. These are switchable from dipole to direct radiators and capable of bass to 40hz just like the Center channel.As you can tell I am a happy camper but I will never forget the Paradigms, where it all began.
------------------

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Hey, I just bought a Parasound HCA1500A a couple of months ago. Welcome to the club. I love the amplifier. Interesting about the Anthem-Parasound comparision. I had my mains and center hooked up to a MCA-3. Then I had my 2 subs and center driven by the MCA-3 and the mains driven by a Proceed AMP 2. Did not notice any difference between the 2 set ups. With me so far. Then I found a HCA 1500A for about $535 on e-bay(price includes shipping) and could not pass it up. I then switched the Parasound for the Proceed. So now my center and subs are driven by the MCA-3 and the mains are driven by the Parasound. Not only can I not tell any difference between the Proceed and the Parasound, I can't tell any difference between the MCA driving the center and the Parasound driving the mains when sounds pan across the front 3 channels. I can put on my flame retardant suit now for those that want to call me deaf
wink.gif

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
>Welcome to club parasound Robert...enjoy.
LOL!
Funny that the HTF now has an official Parasound owners chapter.
Hail John Curl!
I would pay money to have John Curl sign the front of my big 1206 just like Bob Carver does...
The big Parasounds will elevate any receiver short of a Denon 5800.
There is just MORE detail, more power, more music extracted. It'll get you there and back in HT or music.
T.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"The big Parasounds will elevate any receiver short of a Denon 5800."
I don't know....let's see what Trevor has to say once their in place.
Please keep us posted Trevor. I'm very curious as to how you feel about seperate amps up front with the Denon. I have B&W 604s in the front and have been thinking about this upgrade for some time. Would I be right to think that the 604 and Studio 100's are comparable?
Not that I'm unhappy with the 5800s abilities....it just seems logical to help out the receiver by taking the load off the main amps.
Jeremy

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hey Jeremy,
I will get everything in order tommorrow as I need more cables.
I plan to bi-amp the Studio 100's with 4 channels of the 2205 and will have the 5th channel power up the center.
The Denon 5800 will juice up the 4 rear channels.
Since the 100's are rated to handle up to 350 watts each, the Biamping of 220watts x2 should make these speakers sing to there potential.
Not sure how the BMW 604's compare but I would think the 100's are in a different league.
wink.gif

------------------
Trevor
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks