What's new

Got my Lexicon MC-12 - Yeah! (1 Viewer)

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
I received my MC-12 the other day. I think I got a good deal. It is four months old & I paid $5,100. My only problem now is that I have to wait until this weekend to hook it up and play with it. Maybe this time I'll do a better job with the tangle of cables in my HT cabinet. I understand that Lexicon is coming out with a new software update that will add several sound modes and fix some bugs. ;) I'm using the MC-12 in place of my B&K Ref 30. If anyone is interested I'll post a comparison and my thoughts.

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
JackIR,

By all means. I for one would love to see a comparison. As a current Lexicon owner, I am always curious of other owners' thoughts.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jack,

By all means let us know what you think. That was a great price for this unit. If I had the discretionary income (I don't) the MC-12 would be on my very short list.

That's why I'm so pleased at the performance of my pre-release Outlaw 950. While it's not an MC-12 it is close enough to make me happy until I hit that big lottery.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Big congrats! $5100 is a great price. The MC12 is definitely a drooooolll piece :)
I am looking forward to your comparison. I recently upgrade from an Onkyo 989 (comparable prepro section to Ref30?) to an MC1. When you don't use Logic 7, the Onkyo head its own in 2 channel and 5.1 (I can repaste my lost write-up). But why would you buy a Lexicon if you don't use/appreciate Logic 7?!
For me, the $2k MC1 is a no brainer over the $1k Outlaw. There is no subsitute for Lexicon/Logic 7 if you want the best surround processing (well, maybe meridian). A seasoned Lexicon maniac told me twice that his 6month old MC12 wasn't "automatically" better than his previous MC1 for DVDs/CDs/digital sources. And adding the $450 Sony P9000es preamp for two 5.1 inputs and purest analog bypass (no digital circuitry) would bridge some of the functionality gap with the MC12.
I'm a very happy Lexicon convert! In fact, two seasoned HT veterans have listened to my system in the past couple of weeks...and told me some very sad news for my future upgrades....my audio is DONE, speakers, amps, MC1 :)

Shawn Fogg

Stunt Coordinator
" I understand that Lexicon is coming out with a new software update that will add several sound modes and fix some bugs."
Yup, according to Lexicon's website v1.1 should be out in March.
http://www.lexicon.com/MC12/upgrades.html
It will contain bug fixes as well as operation tweaks and add several modes such as DTS NEO:6 Film and Music and dedicated modes for the 5.1 analog input.
It is a free upgrade.
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks