What's new

Got an X1, now should I get Leapfrog? (1 Viewer)

Lorne

Agent
I just got an X1 and I'm loving it, but I have all these wires running around my living room now and aside from the unsightlines, I'm afraid of tripping over a wire and destroying the X1.

Infocus is offering a promotion after purchase of the X1 for the Terk LF30S Leapfrog Wavemaster Transmitter and Receiver System for $49.99. With S&H it would be $62.18. Does anyone use this? Does picture quality suffer? I'm using the X1 with a DVD player and with a VCR I'm using as a tuner for my analog cable. Will Leapfrog work for me? Any advice, anyone?

LT

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
The only drawback I see it that it will only
transmit composite video, The stereo audio is OK.
I also would like some feedback from anyone that
has some hands on experience with this product.
I see it would be nice to move the pj outdoors once
in awhile without the extra wires.
Anyone?
-Jerry

Jean-Paul

Auditioning
I'm also interested in receiving info on the Leapfrog for the Infocus X1. I plan on haveing my projector around 15' away from my a/v components. Will the picture quality suffer?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
U can get one of those transmitter at Circuit City, the Terk brand,for just $39.99. Only way to find out if the PQ would suffer is to try them out. I have used one of those, from X10, and they work fine for cable broadcast and it was transmitting thru walls and a floor.
Keep in mind though that as Jerry has said, it only uses a composite input. It would be quite limiting as u can use the X1 with Svideo, component or VGA which I assume everyone would like to be using.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks