What's new

Gosh Darn, office space is a great movie (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Plot summary for Office Space 2: Samir and Michael are enjoying their upper management jobs at Initrode, and one of their highlights of every workday is torturing their former boss, Bill Lumbergh, who is a manager one level down. Milton lost all his money in Vegas, and is back working at Initrode, but thanks to Samir and Michael, under much better conditions. Peter continues to work with Lawrence, cleaning up rubble and the like, and while it's not a great job, it's great for what it pays, and his love life with Joanna couldn't be better. One day, Samir and Michael come upon a top secret plan by the CEO and board of directors that could leave most of Initrode's employees out of work, and the massive savings would be passed to everyone in upper management and above, which would include Samir and Michael. At first, Samir and Michael go nuts planning their shopping sprees, but something makes them have a change of heart, and they decide to fight for the little guy. Come see their hilarious journey take place with help from Milton, Peter, Lawrence, Joanna, and yes, even Lumbergh.
Would it be too hard to write funny stuff with that plotline, or do you think it would work? :)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was good, but a little too OTT for me.
I used to intern for a company that was _exactly_ like Initech. Every detail in this movie rings true:

- Apartment and furnishings

- cars (boss has a Porche, workers drive a Camry)

- restaurants near work

- cubicle furnishings

- inspirational banners

- printer problems

- management (parking and offices, cluelessness, etc.)

- co-workers

- even the beers that each of them drink

Dilbert is another thing that hit way to close to home. Fortunately I am long gone from that job and now work at a company I like...

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
One of my personal favorites...
Lawrence: Hey Peter... watch out for yer cornhole, man.
:laugh:
and of course, the "O face"
:D

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
This was the first DVD that my wife watched when I wasn't around so she really didn't know how to use the DVD player. I get a phone call on the cell "Office space has a virus on it, what do I do?" That gave me a good laugh. Office space sits in a position of honour right next to Ferris Buellers Day Off.

"Not now Lumberg, I have a meeting with the Bob's"

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Here is my favorite exchange from Office Space:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bob Slidell: What.. what would you say... you do here?

Tom: Look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks