What's new

Gorehounds rejoice! Fulci's ZOMBI 2 (aka ZOMBIE) Special Edition 8/26/03! (1 Viewer)

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
Lasers Edge on the other hand are quoting a release date of 23rd Sept 2003........go figure........:emoji_thumbsup:

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

This looks like a good bet, as they've added "25th Anniversary Special Edition" to the title, indicating that Media Blasters have updated the specs. Also, the extras listing is more comprehensive now.

I see that it lists a commentary as an extra... I hope it's not the track from the Anchor Bay DVD, as that was one of the worst commentaries I've ever heard.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Media Blasters is releasing a SE, while BU is releasing a barebones edition, and both will be released on the same day.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
What the hell is up with that. This makes no sense. Why isn't one company putting out bother versions? Isn't that how it normally works?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
What the hell is up with that. This makes no sense. Why isn't one company putting out bother versions? Isn't that how it normally works?
Yes, that's how it normally works. It isn't how it works, however, when an Italian rights-holder licenses the same film out twice.

DJ

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
This whole situation seems very strange to me. Let's face it, any fan of the movie is going to want the version with the extras, unlike say "Master & Commander" that has 2 versions. A much bigger movie, with a much greater fan-base.

I seriously doubt there are any "casual" fans of Zombi 2 who would only want the movie and not the extras.

Time will tell. As for me, extras all the way to Matool!

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
I care more about the video and sound then the extras (I buy superbit :D), but if both look and sound the same and one comes with extras then of course I'm gonna take the one with the extras.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I really wouldn't be shocked if the BU version sold more copies. Why? Because most B&M stores carry BU titles so those who don't shop the internet will more than likely find the BU in their store. I haven't seen a SS title at Best Buy in nearly two years. My Circuit City and Borders stores don't carry them either but they do have BU titles.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Help me out here. Is this the movie that is sort of a sequel to Argento's cut of Dawn Of The Dead? Am I lost? If this is Zombi 2, what is Zombi 1 and why is it referred to as Zombie?

Thanks

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Rolando, you're right, this is the movie you're thinking of. "Zombi" 1 is just the title of Argento's cut of Dawn of the Dead. I believe "Zombie" is the title of the film in America.

Rolando

Screenwriter
So if I got it right, Zombi 2 is the sequel to Argento's cut of Dawn but Argento had nothing to do with it?

How did Fulci end up making a sequel to Argento's cut of Romero's film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks