What's new

Goodbye XM Radio (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
The only show on Special X I really liked was the "Covers" show but even that didn't really keep my attention all that often(sometimes they played covers that were just WAY too odd).
As for the music lab sharing with Jam Bands, I agree I'm a bit pissed as I'm a big prog rock fan. Though, it seems like they play alot of Phish on the XM Music Lab and I'd hardly call that Prog Rock. So hopefully the mix will still be prog rock heavy.
As for Fine Tuning, I like some of what they play but not all of it. I do like how they play alot of Alan Parson's Project on there, that was quite nice.
I'm really looking forward to Lucy though, should be really good.
It's a trade off which hopefully will be worthwhile in the end. Being able to hear the 80's channel with no commercials will be great though.
I think it's really weird though, just how many of these changes had threads wanting these for quite a while over on XMFan(specifically I remember seeing a thread about Jam Bands, various threads about annoying and repetitive commercials, and one looking for classic alternative/new wave). If some people with XM aren't browsing those forums I'd be really suprised.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
All in all, it seems that with the most recent changes, XM Radio has -- for the time being -- trumped Sirius.

I am personally concerned that the commercial load will increase on the non-music stations, like the Old Time Radio and Comedy channels.

Users who are viewing this thread