What's new

Goodbye to Charmed (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Charmed had it's series ender tonight on the WB. Not a bad conclusion for the longest running female lead program in television history.

Charmed is one of my guilty pleasure shows; I rarely watch it first run, I will pick it up now and again on TNT, but I watched this season and found it an enjoyable way to pass time.

Anyway, kudos to the girls from Charmed and here's hoping they all have projects lined up down the road.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I am a fan of Charmed, at least of the earlier seasons, but this is wrong. Charmed ran for eight seasons: One Day At A Time, The Facts Of Life, Alice and Roseanne all ran for nine.

Regardless, it was a great sendoff though I wish that Shannen had considered returning but apparently there's still bad blood there, which is a shame because Prue returning would've been sweet.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I stopped watching a few years go when they started doing the themed episodes but I did tune in last week and enjoyed it though those two young girls they added were very annoying. I look forward to seeing how it ends.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
yep, ODAAT ran 75-84 and FOL ran 79-88. I know ODAAT had Schneider, but to me, I always figured he'd count about the way Leo counted for Charmed, supporting only.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Huh. Interesting, I wonder if they base it on number of episodes then, since they said the January 22nd episode was when it happened. No idea.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think they might mean female adventure show (I know FOL and One Day both went past 200 episodes, Charmed is 178 or 179), as Charmed is the longest-runner there, beating Buffy by a season and Charlie's Angels, Alias, Wonder Woman and co. by a few years.

Oh well, even though I lost interest in the show awhile back, it was still sad to see it finally go.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Even though I stopped watching the show like a lot of you, I tuned in tonight and was thoroughly pleased with the resulting episode. They did an extended love letter to the fans and it really showed. It was really satisfying the way they tied up all of their loose ends. I just wished more of the last season had been like this ep.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I finally watched it too and it was a very good finale. That is an example of what you Do do for a finale. It had the whole family there (even if they were'nt from the same time. Hey, they even mentioned Prue.
Liked the grown up kids as well. They turned out realll good! Wasn't one of the characters a regular a few seasons back?

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I think you are referring to grown-up Wyatt and Chris. Chris came in at the end of Season 5 and was on during all of Season 6. Grown-up Wyatt was in a few episodes of Season 6.

I have been watching this show since day one. Even though the last two seasons weren't that exciting I stuck with the show. I thought the finale was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was actually a little sad to see the show end last night. It made me nostalgic for the earlier episodes so I put Season 1 on my Netflix queue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks