What's new

Good Times Season 5 Question (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I picked this up yesterday and started watching it last night. The 4 part season opener was really intense, but it seemed to be choppy in places. I know from past releases of this show that the recaps from the previous episodes isn't included on the DVD nor are there any previews for the next episode. I just wondered if someone who is a little more knowledgeable about this show could tell if these are syndicated versions of these episodes or not. They seemed rather short to me.

Anyway, as a side note. That first episode with Janet Jackson was really intense. I don't want to spoil this for anyone who hasn't seen the show, but I did do a hidden spolier if you have seen the show.

The scene where Penny's mother comes at her with a hot iron was beyond words.

Now this wasn't something that you saw everyday in 70s sitcoms. Great episode. Well written and well acted. Wylona was fabulous. I have a new respect for this show because of these four episdoes.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Yeah, Brian that was memorable - I saw that when I was 6 and never forgot it.

Perhaps someone could compare it with the TV Land edit.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
They are all uncut.
I also agree, and Janet Jackson was really something special even then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks