What's new

Good time to go back to College? (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well let me tell you the story:
I graduated high school and went to the large University in my state, University of Oklahoma. Well I was totally depressed and lonely. Long story short I wanted to come home, but my father wouldn't let me. I would spend an entire week just sitting in my dorm room, never leaving eating PB&J. Well I flunked out. Got an internship, loved working. Intership ended got a real job doing more IT work. My job is ok, my company just laid off 20% of its workers and I am still there. I tried to go back to school this semester, but work is just demanding too much from me. My fiance is going to school working towards a Secondary Education degree, but she also works at a beauty supply store. My question is this, should I quit my job and return to school? I need advice. This is such a hard choice. I know that the HTF will settle my mind.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
With the economy down, school is always a good choice, if you can pull it off.
You may have a better idea of what you want to do now, and if it is remotely related to what you are doing now at work, some companies may provide financial assistance and even work out a schedule so that you can work and go to school at the same time.
Best of luck
Glenn

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Its amazing how one day you can know exactly what direction you are headed in(career, house, new car, family) and then the next day go completely in the opposite direction.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I worked and went back to college to get another masters degree and I would recommend going full-time, if that is financially feasible. You will be more dedicated if you do not have work on your mind and will excel in your classes. Plus you will graduate sooner and make more money in the long run.
Just my $0.02
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks