What's new

Good Speakers for Rock, <= $1500 (1 Viewer)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Yeah...I got the Dean Peer CD, Ucross,....EXCELLENT! Would love to hear some of your "reference" cuts, and the RM40.

I'll see if I can coordinate with Mike. I'm pretty tied up after this weekend for a week or so.

I will be in West LA tomorrow morning listening to some speakers.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Just sent you an email.

I will be bringing my CMT-340's, but the main listening will be to the Energy Veritas 2.2 and Axiom M60.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Cool,

Mike, if you're interested well probably be here at "noonish"

E-mail me if you want to pop in.

Curtis, if you are also welcome to "lug" the CMT-340's in for comparison or just catch the VMPS.

See ya then:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Mike RUN now. John and Mad Dog! It's going to be like heroin. They will give you that first taste free but after that it is going to cost you. ;)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Mike,

If you are reading this, I spent about an hour with John today listening to his VMPS setup.

The RM40's were fantastic. The 626R's were atleast as good as I had heard a couple of months ago.

If you can settle on a two-channel setup for $1500, I suggest you give the 626R's a listen.

curtis

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Curtis,

Glad you finally were able to "pop" in and hear the set up. You were actually the first to hear the new "tweak" for the RM40s.

It certainly offers a greater definition or edge to the sonic images, and more blackness between performers and instruments, "if" it is in the recording.

To bad you didn't have more time, but after two hours with the Veritas and then over an hour here. those little pinnas must have been getting rough and red. (not to mention the jangling of the "stones of otolith" (time to get out the anantomy books)

ATB,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks