What's new

Good, small speaker (1 Viewer)

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a good pair of SMALL speakers, comparable to the JBL N24's in size. I'm getting a SVS 20-39PCi, and a resiever for around $500 to match the speakers, so I have about $500-600 for some good mains and surrounds. The surrounds need to be small, but I can get any size for the mains. I was oringinally thinking 3 N24II's as surrounds, and either N38's or S28's, or S36 as mains with either a JBL N-center or S-center depending on what I get. The speakers will be used for mainly HT.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Zach,

Your idea isnt bad, the N24 are very good surround speakers. And adding N38 and an N center will end up with a good system.

But you might also consider the S36 as surrounds, which arent that small but they are slimmer than any bookshelf. So you could add S38 for mains and an S center and end up with a superb setup.

Any way you go, dont mix the series, both series has their own timbre, so the best outcome will be to stay in either.

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to get anything in the S series but the size doesn't allow it. I'm trying to plan a HT systen for my dad, and the only way he'll get one is if they are small and not too noticeable. He said the N24's were about as big as he'd go.

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
My Axiom package is coming today. I'm getting 2 M1T1's, a VP50 Center, and 4 QS2 for surrounds. I'll let you knowhow it sounds once I hook it up.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I was oringinally thinking 3 N24II's as surrounds, and either N38's or S28's, or S36 as mains with either a JBL N-center or S-center depending on what I get.
I think a setup of N38s/N24s/NCenter will do just fine in your theater.

--AM

Marc H

Second Unit
Yeah, the QX6 are pretty impressive eh?
Bass extension is awesome along with the imaging. A very satisfying sound overall.
They are the top selling bookshelf speaker in our shop now.

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
Marc,

Yes these QX6's are really impressive for the price, and they really, really sound great, you can BI-WIRE them..get them apart and off the floor, on some solid stands and you will be amazed at how well the perform....

I have them for my rear surrounds, but if your on a budget these would make great fronts on some nice stands, the really neat thing about the newer dahlquists is the TONALITY of the drivers..the music sound so much like "music'!!

No BS..they are that good!

Alex

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
I can also vouch for the QX6. I got my daughter a Dahlquist 5.1 package of QX6's in front, 50 center, and QX4's for the rears. (Thanks to Marc at Audioshop) She is a vocal major in college and I wanted her to have some good speakers for listening to vocal music that had a nice uncolored mid range and good bass for a bookshelf. I had the system at my house for a while hooked up to my Denon 3300 and a Monitor Audio sub and it sounded great. I did get her the smallest Dahlquist subwoofer since she lives in an apartment. I will have to admit that while it won't get her evicted, I wished I would have gotten her a bigger sub. The package I got for her should be around $500-600 and would be a great home theater system.
Adding a small SVS, HSU VF-2, or Adire Rava sub would make it even better.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks