What's new

Good places to buy hirez? (1 Viewer)

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I have a Denon DVD-2200 on order, looking for suggestions on where to buy hirez content. I'm looking for a great selection and/or great prices.

I know I can go to the local BB or CC but I was hoping there are some other choices.

AricB

Second Unit
some Tower records in big cities, have been rumored to be good, but some are not so good? I'm outside Chicago, and BB and online, have been the best combined selection and price on average. Allegedly the sam goody in our mall has a large selection at steep prices, but they didnt have bowie's reality when I called so i didnt bother going in.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Tower Records is the best major chain in terms of selection by far, but their prices are rarely below retail.

John Milton

Second Unit
Have you tried the online version of Circuit City? They've got some great prices and a much larger selection that the limited titles available at their stores.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
www.dvdempire.com has dvd-a and dual disc's. But Amazon has a lot of titles (dual disc, sacd, or dvd-a) fairly cheap. I usually check there first. There really isn't much of a selection at local stores, not really worth going on a scavenger hunt IMO.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If there's one near you, Fry's BM seem to always have a good selection of both SACD and DVD-A. And if you haven't already done so, do some homework. These aren't as easy to buy as cd's. Some are two channel only, some have strange mixes, and some are mis-labeled. My Kinks "School Boy's In Disgrace" SACD is labeled as surround but is only two channel. And then there's DTS discs. They have released some wonderfull DVD-A stuff but not all there discs are hi-rez.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
The Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World has the biggest selection of DVD-A and SACD I have ever seen in one place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks