Good place to buy Avia in Canada?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jonny K, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

I just bought myself an SPL meter, and now I need Avia. I've noticed it doesn't come cheap though, and for a guy who owns maybe 4 DVDs, I really don't want to spend 80 dollars for a calibration disc.

So where in Canada might I find Avia for a good price? I notice A&B Sound has it for $70.00, and Amazon.ca has it for $60.00 (plus shipping). Anywhere I can go and just buy it in person for a good price?

What about cheaper alternatives?

Thanks.

Jonny K.

2. Leonard B

Leonard B Stunt Coordinator

Hi. The cheapest that I have seen is amazon.ca. That is why I went with them. The dvd came in about 3 business days. I got mine for a total of $68.00. This included taxes and free shipping. For Avia this is the best way to go. For comparison, I asked at HMV and they quoted me $93.00 for Avia.
    Hope this helps.

3. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Don't forget to try some of your local rental stores. I was unable to find Avia locally but I can rent Video Essentials for $3.00. That beats shelling out 70 or 80 bucks.[​IMG]

4. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

Well I just bought it at A&B sound. They were charging 70 for it, and I asked if they'd match the price of Amazon.ca (at 60). The manager gave me a speech about how they don't compete with the .com's, but then in the end he still gave me 10 percent off.

So after tax it was about 67 dollars. I hope this is worth the price...

Jonny K.

5. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

My girlfriend bought me Avia for my birthday (from amazon). [​IMG]

6. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

OK, I've checked it out. The 40 minute presentation is kinda useless. They just told me a bunch of things I already knew.

But the configuration tools are great.

Jonny K. [​IMG]