What's new

Good News/Bad News: Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place Is Released! But in Region 2 only... (1 Viewer)

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Got an e-mail from Amazon UK (I have a multi-region player and have bought some titles there) and found out that Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place is being released on April 23rd.
Of course, however, it is only a Region 2 release which means those without multi-region DVD players must continue to wait...and wait some more.
I never can understand why so many US show titles are NOT released here but are across the pond. Besides, TGAGAAPP, there's LA Law and Chicago Hope, too. But if anyone does have a player than can play Region 2 DVDs, here is the link to the pre-order page for Two Guys, etc.:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0070WTPNY/ref=pe_121921_29679391_pe_vfe_dt8

ninjafireball

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
You can search for Sony DVD players, they can be changed to region free, you can search these region free dvd players on ebay easaly. :)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
WendyCR said:
Got an e-mail from Amazon UK (I have a multi-region player and have bought some titles there) and found out that Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place is being released on April 23rd.
Of course, however, it is only a Region 2 release which means those without multi-region DVD players must continue to wait...and wait some more.
I never can understand why so many US show titles are NOT released here but are across the pond. Besides, TGAGAAPP, there's LA Law and Chicago Hope, too. But if anyone does have a player than can play Region 2 DVDs, here is the link to the pre-order page for Two Guys, etc.:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0070WTPNY/ref=pe_121921_29679391_pe_vfe_dt8
Music rights might be a reason in some cases (like LA Law). The music usage laws aren't quite as severe in the UK as they are in the US, which is why the '50s music is intact on the R2 releases of Happy Days, whereas they're replaced on R1 sets of seasons 2-4.
I don't think Two Guys... had a lot of pop music in it, so it may just be that a smaller studio is R2 (Revelation) has more interest in releasing/obtaining licence for these shows than the studio/potential licencees in R1.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Robert Goulet was important to an episode or two which might be the music problem and there was an episode and Etta James version of At Last was very important. If there is any hold up in the US it would be these two I think as they are very important moments in the show that can not be deleted or replaced without ruining it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks