What's new

Good News about Complete Bob Newhart Show (see Post 90) (1 Viewer)

Tooncy

Second Unit
I agree with you, but they have always gotten too much credit for supposedly putting out some great product. They simply don't.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Tooncy said:
I agree with you, but they have always gotten too much credit for supposedly putting out some great product. They simply don't.
These days it would appear to me that they get slammed as often as they get praised. But that isn't left to just the independents, major studios get praised by one and slammed by another. Sometimes it feels like you have to pick between CBS and WB because you aren't allowed to praise both equally. In the end, I think it just comes down to one thing, a favorite show and how it was treated. If treated well then they can do no wrong, but if treated badly they will never be forgiven. I guess that's what passion about a hobby will do.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, Amazon has let me know my copy has shipped.

It's a tad early, but I guess that's to compensate for any delays that may result from the holiday weekend.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Excellent! With the last two seasons available individually for me to purchase, my short list of essential, "must-have" '70s sitcoms will be complete (putting aside the occasional small edit and/or music substitution) and on my shelf:

The Bob Newhart Show
Fawlty Towers
Barney Miller
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinnati

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I'm on the final disc of the final season of The Bob Newhart Show, for those who might know, why is it Bob is MIA on a bunch of episodes everyone in a while he springs up saying a few line from an airport or hotel roo using th excuse of a book tour. what is the real story? Were there show issues? Don't get me wrong the episodes are still good just seems odd.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Powell&Pressburger said:
I'm on the final disc of the final season of The Bob Newhart Show, for those who might know, why is it Bob is MIA on a bunch of episodes everyone in a while he springs up saying a few line from an airport or hotel roo using th excuse of a book tour. what is the real story? Were there show issues? Don't get me wrong the episodes are still good just seems odd.
IIRC, it was part of his deal to return for the final season. Originally he didn't want to do season 6, but was convinced to come back for another year, though he would sit out 5 or 6 episodes.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Something I'd like to know about this, as I have the full-series release: why are old Viacom and new TCF logos included on the episodes of Nos. 5 and 6?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
i watched the original Unaired Pilot episode (available on the Bonus disc in box set) before I watched the final episode. That pilot was crazy. And the bizarre thing is I just made it to the Christmas episode of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman earlier today and all the sudden Louise Lasser shows up on that pilot and it was just a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks