What's new

Good Guys stores closing (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Today's paper said they were now at 25% off retail
I think speakers & cables @35% and remotes & DVDs @45%

My buddy who has $300 in a gift card from a item he return was told they can't honor it.
I told him to call CompUSA.....boy is he gonna be pissed if they say no

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
That just doesn't seem righ, how can they justify that one? The gift card is legally to be considered like cash and since the store is still open they should have to honor the card.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe they were on the brink of bankrupcy for a few years now and they have been up for sale for some time. I believe CompUSA bought them, assumed their debt and liquidated most of the stores/inventory. The next nearest one to my house in Santa Clara is also already a CompUSA.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I dropped by today. They've really been picked over, despite the fact that some of their prices are still a bit high. Mostly cosmetically damaged speakers, demos and open box items. Nothing really caught my eye except maybe the Monitor Audio GR-10s.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I drove by the Montclair, CA location on Friday and noticed that the store was dark. I guess that's the end of Good Guys. Well... there is that small section of CompUSA that carries the Good Guys name but it just isn't the same.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The last one here closed last month before the holidays. I dropped by the last day or two and there was pretty much nothing but junk left - damaged speakers, receivers and DVD players with no remotes boxes or manuals, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks