Good DVD Player for daugher

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Tom T, May 25, 2003.

1. Tom T

Tom T Auditioning

I'm looking into an inexpensive DVD player for my daugher, who will not have and HD or HD ready tv.

What's out there now that will give the best non-progressive picture?

I've been out of the market for a few years, and things have changed quite a bit. I saw a Philips DVDQ35AT at Amazon for $75, and there are some JVC and Panasonics at Best Buy which are quite reasonable (under $100).

My own players (this will date me) include the Sony S7000, which I just can't seem to part with, and an Arcam DV27.

Thanks for any advice....

2. MarkLaf

MarkLaf Stunt Coordinator

I bought my nephew who is 3 and toshiba model sd-2900 for $80 I think and he uses it for cds and dvds had no problems what so ever.

Mark

3. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Take a look at the Sony DVP-NS325 too, $90-$100 depending on where you go. Looks like a decent player for the $$, but doesn't have JPEG like the Tosh if that matters to you. I don't know if the Tosh 2900 is infected with the Chroma bug.

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

When it came time to buy my daughters DVD players, I went straight to Ubid and bought a couple of Toshibas for $29 and $39. They were refurbs, but, so far, they play great. Knocking hard on wood...

5. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

6. Tom T

Tom T Auditioning

Thanks for all the suggestions. Has anyone had any experience or heard anything about the Philips DVDQ35AT?

7. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

No, but I believe Philips and Magnavox virtually the same units made by the same company.