What's new

Good Day Live... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
One question..

Why is a NY market getting an LA show? That, and the show itself is almost unwatchable. There's no comradarie between the cast members wich makes it tough to watch..

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sometime last year, FOX started a national version of the show for the syndication market. It's only an hour long - I believe LA people are subjected to 2 or 3 hours of the local show.

and the show itself is almost unwatchable.
ALMOST unwatchable? I think that's being generous. Take out the "almost" in that phrase, and that would describe the show perfectly IMO.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I have to admit I wake up to the local version here in L.A. but I'm at work by the time Good Day Live comes on. At times the local version can be a fun show to watch. At worst it can be annoying. Steve Edwards has been a staple of L.A. TV for a long time and I think his old charm provides a good contrast to Jillian Barberie(sp?) and Doroth Lucey.

It's also nice to see Jillian's cleavage in the morning, but I really lust after Dorothy. :D

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
In L.A., you get two hours of "Good Day L.A." followed by an hour of "Good Day Live", which is syndicated. It's not really an "L.A." show, but a "Hollywood" show. I would say there is camaraderie, but it's of the bickering, talk-over-each-other kind.

//Ken

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Watching this show, which I have done over lunch a bunch of times, is like watching Dragonball Z

DBZ:

I don't like you! I don't like you! Let's fight! Look at his power! Aha! I am power level 725 and you are only 724! I can't hope to defeat him, but I will try! KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Good Day

Oh my god my dogs are so cute! Steve's Old! I love tabloids! I've never been to your house! Back when I was a reporter in Scranton (editors note- attempting genuine journalism) . My son Nash is so Cute (ed note, who the #@ names their kid NASH?) I'm adopted and I'm from Canada!!!! I'M ON ZOLOFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I felt the same way when Live with Regis and Cathy Lee went national. It was time the rest of the country joined in the misery.

PS. Regis Philbin is in the Bronx Hall of Fame and im not.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
LOL Jeff pretty much hit it on the head with the range of topics they often discuss. I'm just waiting for the day when either Steve Edwards gets up during a broadcast and walks off never to return or he strangles one of them broads.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think that brainless oaf Tony is ripe for a beating too :) The only time I really watched was when they visited Almost Human to oogle at the Buffy/Firefly gear.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I tend to wake up and watch it while waiting for Home Improvement to come on. Sometimes it's ok. Other times it's kind of embarassing if somebody catches me watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks