What's new

Good Bye Yellow Brick Road (1 Viewer)

Todd Schnell

Second Unit

Larry, are you talking about the player downmixing of the 5.1 mix to 2.0? Or the standard PCM stereo track perhaps? Unless I really missed something there is no true stereo DLP mix on mine.

Todd

MichaelRS

Auditioning
I must say that this is one the best surround mixes I have heard. I usually just listen to Funeral for a friend, and Goodbye yellow brick road. Candle in the wind is truly amazing. I found this disk with the regular Cd's. 27.99 for the DVD version. I also just picked up Aerosmith, Ultimate on Sacd. the older stuff, Dream on, Sweet Emotion, Walk this way. Sounds great, the newer stuff sounds bright, but still sounds better than the original CD's.

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
I have to make another vote for the elton john disc. THe sound quality is excellent and the 5.1 mix is very good.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked this up today at the BB in Alpharetta, GA
Interesting Ron, I checked the Tuesday it came out, and they didn't have any. I had my mom pick it up for me over at the Gwinnett BB the Wednesday after.

BTW, nice to see another Alpharettan on the boards...
The makes you, me, and Lee Scoggins. :)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Or the standard PCM stereo track perhaps?
Todd, the standard PCM track on A Night At the Opera is indeed 24bit/96kHz, which is most assuredly hi-res.

I think I am going to pick this disc up after hearing listening to the ROlling Stone sampler. $28, though a bit pricey, is worth it for the musical content and overall package.

Justin

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
My Best Buy had it in the SACD section and I picked it up with a 10% coupon then sent in the mail. I hopefully will get to listen to samples tonight and the rest tomorrow.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I haven't listened to the M/C mix yet. I was very impressed with the stereo SACD part. I felt like I heard far more detail than I've heard in other formats in the past. I've had GYBR on every format it's come out on except cassette...so I've had LP, CD, 8-track, and reel to reel. I think the vinyl was a warmer sound but the SACD is more detailed. I particularly noticed such on disc 2's rockers, ALL THE YOUNG GIRLS LOVE ALICE, YOUR SISTER CAN'T TWIST, and SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING. I felt like I heard little things in the rythm parts, particularly, that were previously masked.

Isn't anybody else peeved that disc 2's track listing don't coincide with the track listings on the slip-cover? ...that they start at 9, not 1. It's annoying that they couldn't get this simple thing right!!!!

I'll try the M/C mix soon.

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
The multi channel mix is very good. I am really not a fan of most of the music on the second disc but love all the music on the first one. Is it just me or does the special acoustic version of candle in the wind sound exactly like the regular one with all the instruments except the guitar taken out?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Chris Elm,

Interesting Ron, I checked the Tuesday it came out, and they didn't have any. I had my mom pick it up for me over at the Gwinnett BB the Wednesday after.
Perhaps she looked in the SACD section...I found it in the regular redbook section.

Actually, I work in Alpharetta and live in Cumming. We need to get together and lsiten to some tunes sometime!

Anyway, I listened to a few tracks last night and thought that it indeed sounded better than my MoFi version. That stinks as I spent considerably more than $28 on that copy!

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps she looked in the SACD section...I found it in the regular redbook section.
Ron, my fault, I should have been more clear. I had her look in the regular CD section and the SACD section. I was on the cell phone with her and asked where she was looking in the store. She says:
"I'm in the S...CB section, or whatever."
LOL

I went back a few days later and they still didn't have it.

:frowning: Which is strange because the BB at North Point is usually pretty good about stocking Hi-Rez (they had both Santana releases that same day).

I did notice that they have reduced the shelf space by one block, so now you have to search longer because there are titles behind other titles, etc.:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks