What's new

Gone with the Wind: 65th Anniversary Special 4-Disc Edition (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I didn't think it was an alternate ending per se, but more of some additional photography of her return to Tara. Basically, as it stands now she's cast in silhouette against a matte painting of Tara, whereas there are photographs of the dress she wears with her standing next to a fence. I think it was decided they wanted to end the film with a throwback to her and Gerald standing on the same hill to resonate the theme of land.

Alejandro

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that's alternate to me.
It was the ending originally planned, shot, edited and later on deleted probably for length reasons. We don't know how long was that scene and if it included dialog or at least voice over.
I don't want it to be reinserted in the film, though (I love it like it is) but would be interesting as a bonus extra with all the others deleted scenes (some say 25 minutes?)

DeeF

Screenwriter
Not to burst anyone's bubble (or delusion about the 80s) but Scarlett, the novel, was written in the early 90s, and the mini-series premiered in 1994.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice if WB included a full reproduction of the original souvenir program in the boxed set. I remember buying the vhs edition in the '80's and getting a partial repro of the program...it was a nice touch and made me think I had really bought a special package (that along with the $89.95 price tag.)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

looks like you got your wish.

ok now with a date and what looks to be concrete details...now i'm officially excited.

this will absolutely be one of the Big Ones i'm looking forward to most this fall.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
At last, Olivia de Havilland!

Quite a coup for WB, since she declined to participate in the MAKING OF A LEGEND:GWTW. How great.

This sounds like its going to be a knock-out. To my mind, no one can out-do WB when it comes to special editions of classics on DVD.

Can't wait to hear all the details.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
the only bummer is no mention of the supposedly found filmed outtakes from the preview print.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Quick, someone go over to Giants Stadium and dig up the outtakes!

Nevertheless, as a wise man (or was it woman) once said, "It's the film, stupid!"

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Wow. I actually wasn't expecting this this year. Sounds like a great set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Whether I have enough cash for it though is another matter.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
So I guess there will only be one version of the film. Hopefully, it will look like the '39 prints. And here's hoping the cropped shots are restored to the film.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Based on what George Feltenstein says in the press release, the film will not look like it did originally.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

somehow, even given my stance on the SW films, i don't find exactingly precise registration of film elements to be a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks