What's new

GOMER PYLE USMC FINALLY!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Marc

That one is hilarious

The funniest part of it was when Gomer went to see Carter and gave him the change from the money and he realized they were Schillings. I think Carter may have put together what happened since the congressman had mentioned that the cigars were english and he hadn't been able to find them in the US

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
I was just doing a little reading on the Paramount TV site and saw this reference in the description for Gomer

"This series has been partially transferred into HD beginning with Season 1 and has the following masters:

Network 4x3 HD (episodes 1 to 30. Episodes 31 to 60 in progress)"

So it appears the DVDs are being produced from new HD masters, and since season 2 is now underway when it comes to transfers that is a good sign the releases will continue.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Got this set for Christmas. I gotta say this is perhaps the BEST TV Show on DVD set that I have in my collection since I started collecting 5-6 years ago.

The bonuses, featurettes, extras, commentary. You name it!

Jim Nabors has contributed so much to each episode with the intro's.

The rare clips and footage from other shows. I loved watching this in re-runs growing up in the 1970's. This show is better than I remembered it. This is only the first season. I can't wait until we get to the color episodes.

Because it is so cheesy, I feel that this show is HIGHLY underated. If you liked Gomer Pyle as a kid and you're on the fence about buying this set, it's a no brainer. Do yourself a favor and go out and get this set. You'll love it.

I got it for Christmas on Monday. I started watching it on Tuesday. It's Wednesday and I'm through the first two dvd's. They are single picture discs.

Great set Paramount! Good job CBS!

Keep em' coming!!!!

Real Name
Dave Rinker
I got Gomer Pyle USMC season 1 for Christmas and love it. They did a good job creating the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks