What's new

Golfers: Would this be a good alternative to Sensicore? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I just bought a new set of golf clubs (Titleist 990) but did not get the Sensicore shafts. For those who haven't heard of it, Sensicore is some kind of foam insert that is injected into the shafts to reduce vibrations tramsmitted back to the golfer. Many golfers say it really helps take the sting out of mis-hit shots (although I guess it could be argued that if you eliminate the negative feedback on bad shots, your swing won't improve).
I was wondering whether injecting some polyurethane foam (similar to the "Good Stuff" sold in spray cans at Home Depot, used to seal cracks in your house) would basically achieve the same result.
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I would think altering the shaft in that way would change the weight distribution, as well as alter the performance characteristics and/or flex point of the shaft. Also, once you did that, I doubt you could remove the material if it adversely affected the performance.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
You know Brian...when you hit that baby in the sweetspot...the feedback on that is pure bliss :)
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Jonathan Lofgren

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure that I would try spraying foam directly in to your shafts, but I've heard of people that have good results making a kind of home-made sensicore by taking some thin weather stripping and wrapping to around a straw and then just kind of stuffing it in as far as it will go.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I think I'd have a problem with that. You can buy shaftes from around 50 grams to over 100. They are built that way for a reason.
Hit the ball right and it feels great, hit the ball wrong an the feedback should help you correct the problems.
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I would have to agree with all the others, the foam idea is "very bad, very bad indeed."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks