What's new

Going to buy my first home theater...need to know a few things (1 Viewer)

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to buy a home theatre system. It's a Home theater in a box. Reason I'm going this route is I'm not really into the whole "home theater" jitter. I just want something small and have decided on the Kenwood HTB-505 at Best Buy, you can look at it here

Right now it's on sale for $449 and I have the preferred customer 10% coupon and it comes with $150 in rebates for a total of $249. Talked to several people and they are extremely pleased with this system.

Anyway I wanted to ask you guys what I would need after purchasing. My TV has 3 composite inputs and 2 outputs (audio). I'm currently using a TiVo series 1 and a DVD player.

Just let me know if you need more info or if this would even work with my setup.

Thanks

John Fractious

Auditioning
Buy some heavy speaker cable from Home Depot. The stuff that comes with the HTB-505 isn't fit for a door bell.

Then be very careful to unpack neatly and remember how it all goes back in the box. I bought the HTB-505. It was OK for home theater. It sounded wretched for music. That's just my opinion of course. But my utter dissatisfaction with that system was what brought me to this forum to learn how to get good music out of a 5.1 system. It was a pity too. My net cost would have been $267!

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm still actually debating this purchase. We really don't watch much tv...especially movies. We've decided to make a purchase to upgrade "something" around the house whether it be HT or Computer.

I can only imagine how much more quality a REAL HT would put out over these HTB systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks