What's new

GODZILLA is coming! (1 Viewer)

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

Defiantely go out and get Gamera 2 and 3. Besides GMK these are the best kaiju movies in 15-20 years.:emoji_thumbsup:

Now if I can only get some love for the Ultraman Tiga :Prophecy of Evil dvd that came out in late Decemember. A must pick up for Ultraman fans!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Well I've seen GMK and all I can say is WOW, that was freakin' awesome! I loved the Godzilla suit. I think Baragon looked a bit silly a couple of times. Some excellent aerial shots. I have picked up the second 2 Gamera films and am watching GvMegaguiras now....

You guys have gotten my kaiju bug hungry! :D

John KB

Second Unit
I've always been loyal to Godzilla and have never watched the Gamera films, but now my interest has been peaked. Which movies are you guys talking about? Are they called Gamera 1,2, and 3?
Are these also made by Toho? After watching GMK and vs. Megaguirus, and Godzilla 2000 last night, (plus I'm hopeing to have G vs. Mecha 2003 tomorrow), I really need another kaiju fix!!
I'm totally ignorant to Gamera films, any info I should know about these newer films to get me started?

I'm still dedicated to Godzilla, I feel like I'm cheating by checking out these Gamera films! :)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The Gamera movies are called:
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
Gamera: Attack of Legion
Gamera: Revenge of Iris

I have bought all 3 but only watched the 1st one. This has been my first exposure to him. I never really cared to watch a turtle with fire coming out of the leg holes. But now I'm hooked, good stuff. I will always prefer Godzilla though. Gamera is from Daiei studios. A xover would be cool....

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
According to dvddrive-in.com:

quote:On October 19, Columbia TriStar will release these 1970s Godzilla epics on DVD: GODZILLA VS. HEDORAH (1971) (aka GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER), GODZILLA VS. GIGAN (1972) (aka GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND) and GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA (1974) (aka GODZILLA VS. THE COSMIC MONSTER). Each of the three titles will retail for $24.96, and there will also be a 5-pack and a 7-pack of previously released newer Toho Godzilla films and the American GODZILLA (GIGAN and HEDORAH will also be in a 3-pack with the American GODZILLA). No other details yet, but expect these three new-to-DVD titles to be in their original aspect ratios and include both English and Japanese language tracks.

Go to the site to see the covers. Supposedly they have G vs. the Sea Monster, Son of G and G, Mothra, MechaG: Tokyo SOS ready to release soon as well!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
quote:No other details yet, but expect these three new-to-DVD titles to be in their original aspect ratios and include both English and Japanese language tracks.

If this is true, then October just got a little more expensive.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Oh, also: the new release of Godzilla: 2000 is gonna' include the orig. Japanese cut, in Japanese language with optional english subtitles. This is being reported on the actual Sony website itself, so you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Interesting they'd go to all this trouble with Godzilla: 2000, then for the super-duper 7 disc set, include the same old (badly) dubbed G vs. King Ghidorah/vs. Mothra and Space G/Destroyah discs (the former's even pan & scan...!)

Well this WOULD have been a great opportunity to get all these Godzilla titles, since I don't own any. Unfortunately, some genius thought it would be cute to EXCLUDE the three 70's titles from the 7 disc uber-collection and put Godzilla USA and Godzilla 2000 on BOTH sets. LAME!

thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
quote:Interesting they'd go to all this trouble with Godzilla: 2000, then for the super-duper 7 disc set, include the same old (badly) dubbed G vs. King Ghidorah/vs. Mothra and Space G/Destroyah discs (the former's even pan & scan...!)

I agree and G vs. King Ghidorah and G vs. Mothra are my favorites from the recent (i.e. 85 and on) Godzilla's. I really want to see these 2 in Widescreen, Stereo and original language.

JackKay

Second Unit
any word on the original Godzilla (the Japanese version) that has been out in the theaters this summer coming to DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks