What's new

GODZILLA is coming! (1 Viewer)

John KB

Second Unit
The DVDFile today mentions the release of two Godzilla movies:

"Rounding out Columbia's January 6th lineup are two classic ToHo titles, Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus and Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. Each is presented in new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers with remixed Japanese and English 5.1 Dolby soundtracks. Extras include only bonus trailers. Retail will also be set at $24.95 each."

They call them classics, but I believe these are the two done after Godzilla 2000!!

I hope this wasn't posted before, the search wouldn't work.

Dan Ealey

Grip
Real Name
Dan
Once again Toho has redefined Godzilla. I've been an avid Godzilla fan for over 30 years, and this latest incarnation (post Heisei) is passable...at best. GMK attempts to pass Baragon, Mothra and Ghidrah off as Protector Deities representing earth, air, and sea, respectively.

At least G vs. Megaguiras had an original storyline, and was more entertaining, imho.

I also cringe to think how Columbia will handle the dubbing...it WILL be dubbed, right? No original language subtitled in English? Too bad. :frowning:

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
I sincerely hope that the Japanese 5.1 track will stay on the disc. I'll toss out my Region 3 discs if they do.

MEGAGUIRUS is fun; GMK is awesome.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
GMK is the best Godzilla flick in a long time. 20 or 30 years. You can see it's tokyo miniature on display when the bride flys into tokyo in Kill Bill vol. 1.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw some of Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack on SciFi.

Loved the new preatomic breath sucking effect and the new suit :)

Theres a Japanese store near me, and Ive been meaning to pick this up,Im glad I waited.

Looking foward to seeing it.Heres a review http://www.gojistomp.org/movies/gmk.html

Jim Rykel

Agent
Speaking of original Japanese dialogue - Is it possible to get the original Japanese Godzilla (sans Raymond Burr)? With subtitles? I've always wanted to see it.

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of original Japanese dialogue - Is it possible to get the original Japanese Godzilla (sans Raymond Burr)? With subtitles? I've always wanted to see it
I'm pretty sure that the only option right now is the R2 Japanese DVD which unfortunately has no English subs.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure that the only option right now is the R2 Japanese DVD which unfortunately has no English subs.
Yeah, the R2 has no English at all ( yet I still bought it... I must be nuts ). If you can understand Spanish then there's a Region 2 edition available from Spain with OL and Spanish subs.
There are dubious English subtitled copies floating around various online auction sites.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
GMK is the best godzilla movie in a while. It was directed by the same guy that did updated versions of Gamera. If you get a chance pick up Gamera 1,2,3 they are all great. Finally getting Godzilla in OAR , subbed and 5.1. I got a pretty nice subbed 1954 Godzilla on dvd. PM me for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks