What's new

Godfather Blu-ray Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Jrf2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Good article. I sold my 2001 Trilogy box set today. Even though it's an inferior version, I felt bad about letting it ago. This if the first time I've not had The Godfathers in my collection in ten years. I gave my VHS set away when I got the DVD. These two months are going to be long, but absolutely worth it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What's really amazing about Willis is the amount of great films he was DP on back in the 1970s with 3 of them being Best Picture Winners, yet he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar in that period of time. It's like he was ahead of his time or that the Hollywood community didn't fully appreciated his cinematography method.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Because I couldn't help myself and bought the exclusive SD DVD version off Amazon UK, I can just say: if you love these movies, order it (the BD or else that inexpensive SD set). I've known and watched the movies (especially the two first) for many years and they're in my group of absolutely favourite films.

This was almost a new experience. As if I had not seen the film in years. At times I felt like I was back in the seventies again, watching The Godfather for the first time in the cinema.

This restoration is that good. And I haven't even watched the BD version yet.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Oscar,

They claim it's exclusively sold by them.

I think that may be true - for the moment that is.
(Take a look, it's an extremely elegant box - tin - and the price is very right too!

I think it's an offer, uhm... well, you know, I had to do this, of course.)

Cees

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

I just visited Amazon.uk, and must admit that the Region 2 boxed set is impressive, and has an appealing price tag.

It's good to hear that the new restoration is getting high marks from the user reviews.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
And it's a five-disc set. Three films and two with extras. In a metal box.
The extras are ... nice, ample, not really "impressive". But that price (£17.98) is certainly a good one for the three movies alone.

Cees

The Godfather Trilogy: Remastered Collection - Limited Edition Steelbook [1971]
(Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk):

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
And there I was thinking Robert Harris looked like Richard Attenborough.

Goodness - you look very young!

Smiles.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Interesting. I wish they went into a little more detail, but the info is appreciated.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon is selling "The Godfather" Blu-ray boxset for $61.95 today. That's a $13.00 savings over their previous low sale price of this release.

Crawdaddy

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's great!
And the Pre-Order Price Guarantee secures that price for anyone who pre-ordered!

According to the "rules" on their site, you will see the price change on your summary within 24 hours!

Cees

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Great price especially since when I pre-ordered a couple months ago it was $86.95.

It's even a buck cheaper then the DVD set!! :eek: How funny is that? Someone should post a notice in the SD thread, I would but they have conniption fits when you mention Blu-ray in there. "The studios are forcing me into blu-ray" [url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/e/e2/htf_imgcache_34492.gif] [/url] and all that other paranoia. [url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/a/a1/htf_imgcache_34493.gif] [/url] :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks