What's new

Gloria starring Gena Rowlands and The Talk of the Town starring Cary Grant coming on dvd! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Popular cable fare during the 80's, Gloria arrives on Feb. 25, 2003, and in widescreen:

She’s an ex-gun moll and showgirl suddenly forced to protect a kid whose parents have been rubbed out by the mob. Now the mob wants the kid dead too - but first they’ll have to deal with Gloria (Gena Rowlands in an Oscar®-nominated performance, Best Actress, 1980.) Director John Cassavetes, known for his unique approach to filmmaking, creates a powerful, tension-filled story. An accountant (Buck Henry) is in possession of a ledger which could put a number of mob bosses behind bars for a long time. Before he is killed, however, he manages to entrust the ledger and his son to a neighbor, Gloria, for protection. Gloria reluctantly takes the kid on the run while keeping the mob at bay, sometimes at the point of a gun. Finally, tired of running, she decides to confront them head on!
Stars: Buck Henry, Gena Rowlands, Julie Carmen, Juan Adames
Director: John Cassavetes
Producer: Sam Shaw
Writer: John Cassavetes
Genre: Drama
Run Time: 122
Quote: "Unique and suspenseful and thoroughly satisfying. GLORIA is glorious." - Rex Reed, Vouge
Quote: "A fine action film with a thrilling heroine." - David Denby, New York Magazine
Rating: PG
Bonus Materials
1. Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
2. Widescreen Presentation
3. Remastered in High Definition
4. Audio: English
5. Subtitles: English, French, Korean, Spanish
6. Bonus Trailers
7. Interactive Menus
8. Scene Selections

Garry Cowell

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet! I managed to catch this in the cinema last year. It makes a nice companion piece with Luc Besson's Leon.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Will it include the TV ad? One of my oldest off-air recordings from 1980 has one, with "Now playing" at the end.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Gloria and The Talk of the Town are mine. Gloria is a personal favorite of mine.

Crawdaddy

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Rowlands is a terrific actress, ranking with Davis, Stanwyck, Swanson, de Havilland. Anyone who appreciates magnetic and compelling screen performances should catch this one. Forget the Sharon Stone remake. Rowlands is leagues ahead of such pop culture "stars."
Gloria directorially is also Cassavetes at his best. The news of this release is most welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks